Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maria Alm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from my previous thread about looking for somewhere special in Austria we have found a property with huge potential in Maria Alm and was just wondering what it is like for those who like to cruise blues. We like to ski for an hour or two stop for lunch and then go again with maybe a coffee stop in between. We are also looking for a nice village with a little Apres Ski, nothing hectic.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do a search - look for freddie paellahead and espri's accounts as they both did detailed reports. espri skied there a lot last season right up unitl the resort closed the week after Easter I believe.

I love the area because it seems to have everything without any of the pretensions of other places.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has good links with Dienten and Muhlbach. Muhlbach has loads of great cruisy blues.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2waterford, Maria Alm is my very favourite place but shhhh don't tell everyone!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It has good links with Dienten and Muhlbach. Muhlbach has loads of great cruisy blues.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maria Alm sounds as though it would be a great base for you. A full King's Tour to Mühlbach and back means quite a bit of skiing in one day but doing half the circuit to Dienten or just beyond and back shouldn't be too difficult (with only a couple of more difficult sections en route). You can always take the bus to (or, when returning, from) Dienten to do the other half of the circuit another day, if the whole route seems too much in one go. There are many fine huts (I like the Liebenaualm at Dienten for the friendly staff but there are many more all along the route). At Maria Alm itself the smaller Natrun area might be good as a starter day, maybe popping over to the Aberg in the afternoon.The blue pistes 10 and 11 aren't all dead easy but shouldn't be any great problem for most. The village is also attractive and (probably) not too hectic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a place there, it is perfect for what you want. Not many places for sale there, especially in the village itself, I'm amazed you found something.
There are a few in Hinterthal that have been for sale a while, very pretty and great for skiing but dead in summer.
Maria Alm itself is a great summer place, we go for the full 6 weeks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ColP, they are looking to book at Chalet Panorama, not buy a place. Laughing

Saying that I've found quite a lot of to buy places in the area - however I'm looking to move over there permanently, so different market. The stock that can be advertised for holiday rentals is quite limited as they do not want to price locals out of the market.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahaaa. Yes, if you don't need holiday home permission I think good deals can be had.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="Samerberg Sue"]ColP, they are looking to book at Chalet Panorama, not buy a place. Laughing

I wish we were in the market to buy it but alas a week in January will be our lot. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2waterford, the chalet Panorama is beautiful.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee, have you stayed there.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2waterford, hi yes have stayed there twice, have also stayed in their other chalet Sonne. The Panorama is a 5* chalet, the only thing missing is a hot tub! Its a luxurious chalet, Thierry the chef is fantastic and you will be very well looked after, the only downside (not for us but maybe for some) is that it's a 10min or so walk to the main lift. Just ask away if you want to know anything or pm me, I'll be happy to help, but just don't tell everyone as its still a hidden gem
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy