Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Into the Mind

Poster: A snowHead
Review: This is the new baseline for ski movies. It was utterly amazing. See it! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've heard some people actually left at if3 because they were getting annoyed by the amount of skiing?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It can't be better than Chalet girl (unless it stars Felicity Jones as well?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks good. When is it out and how does it compare to art of flight?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, AFAIK it should be out now. It's much better than The Art of Flight. The whole thing is very well put together, lots of excellent cinematography, lots of very different shots from most ski movies held together with seamless editing and a small narrative holding everything together. There's literally no filler it's all great skiing, showcased exceptionally from the start to the finish.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://intothemindmovie.com/

for tour dates etc

Tickets here http://subzeroevents.com/index.html

Only two UK shows from a quick look though???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's in the iTunes store now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weds in London is sold out, anyone got 2x tickets to sell?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks very cool ..... Cool I am going to try for Annecy in December
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just watched it. Amazing. Redefines the ski movie.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Email them - there's still some standing tickets left!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mag1882, I can see people who just expected the same old stuff leaving disappointed. It's a great film not just great skiing captured on film. You can get the latter in lots of other movies and free webisodes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
meh wrote:
There's literally no filler it's all great skiing, showcased exceptionally from the start to the finish.

None of that Valhalla stuff then?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, not seen Valhalla yet but I'm lead to believe there are marginally less hippies.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Loved it. Well worth a tenner on iTunes. Amazing cinematography.
latest report
Is itunes the only legal way to download this currently??
snow report
I watched it this arvo. Full of jaw-dropping skiing, outstanding cinematography and just enough narrative to tie it all together. When it ended, I went back the beginning and watched it again. Amazing Cool
ski holidays
The trailer takes almost 2mins (out of 3:30) of slomo randomness before seeing any skiing. I hope the full thing is better...
snow conditions
meh, Zero-G, sherpas also did the impressive "all I can"

trailer here:

http://youtube.com/v/b1zc2Mwz_bg

which of course includes this:

http://youtube.com/v/1-VCWUtNm-4
snow conditions
All.i.can also now on netflix if that any use...
ski holidays
valais2 wrote:
meh, Zero-G, sherpas also did the impressive "all I can"

So last season... wink
snow report
Zero-G, ...I know...but then I am pretty last season too....until this season....
snow report
Amazed to see SOLEbrother JP improving on his last segment, all done Street Stylee in a pair of Dynafit Vulcans!!!!!!
snow conditions
I watched this the other night. Just awesome. As meh pointed out; the new benchmark for ski movies (McConkey being less of a ski film). I was gobsmacked at Kye Peterson straightlining those pillows with such buttery smoothness that I'd never witnessed in other films. Stunning, a great concept and no irritating stoke-related banter
snow conditions
Forgot about this - saw it at the 'premiere' in Clapham.

Maybe controversial based on what's been posted above, but I thought it was utterly dire. Without giving too much away, there's a hell of a lot of shots of an old guy spinning a prayer wheel, a guy in hospital after a fall and a lot of shots of someone spinning the camera round with the seasons changing. There wasn't very much skiing or boarding, although what they did show was very good.

So much of it felt hugely fake, and so much of the rest felt like someone had just got hold of a subscription to the National Geographic fillers stream and gone crazy. The whole played out like one big mish-mash of an advert and the trailer.

Product placement was also jarring - I get that these films are sponsored by equipment companies, but despite having worked in a North Face store for a little while never have I been so assaulted by that logo!

Sorry - not a fan at all!
latest report
I can't square:

meh: 'There's literally no filler it's all great skiing, showcased exceptionally from the start to the finish.'

with

jiagedaping: '...there's a hell of a lot of shots of an old guy spinning a prayer wheel, a guy in hospital after a fall and a lot of shots of someone spinning the camera round with the seasons changing. There wasn't very much skiing or boarding...'

Have you both watched the same film? Was one of you tripping?
ski holidays
2 minutes into a 3 minute trailer before theres anyone actually sliding on snow. There's no chance i'll be paying for that "ski/snowboard" film....
latest report
I 'bought' this on Xbox video (or whatever it's called now)... tend to agree with jiagedaping. It was pretty boring and I actually didn't make it all the way through to the end, think there's about 25mins left to go. Maybe there was a greater point to the twirly-man and if I make it to the end I will reach enlightenment. But it really didn't seem like that was going to happen.

I was quite disappointed really, perhaps if some of the early feedback wasn't so positive I wouldn't have set my expectations so high! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northernsoulboy, I also said: "I can see people who just expected the same old stuff leaving disappointed. It's a great film not just great skiing captured on film. You can get the latter in lots of other movies and free webisodes."

It doesn't have to be non-stop skiing for it to feel like none of the material is filler which is what most of the b-roll and setup shots from normal ski movies feel like to me.

It's also rather expected for people to disagree on something as subjective as whether they liked a movie or not. Wink
ski holidays
According to their website it's on the PS3 VOD thingy... Might be watching that this evening!
ski holidays
I thought All I Can was a weird mix of really awesome stuff with some pretty images of landscapes, cities etc (which I quite liked) then a really clunky environmental message which was so crude it almost spoiled the film for me. Not desperate to see Into the Mind on the back of this. I am quite keen to see Valhalla though
snow report
All I Can - good stoke, clunky environmental message
Into The Mind - good stoke, but storyline as clunky as '70s p0rn
Valhalla - limited stoke, feels like it should have more tele in it (think hippies, soya, hemp underpants etc.)

Watched Way of Life yesterday - pick of the bunch so far. Great segments form Sage, Durtschi and McIntosh. Their 'fantasy camp' is truly the stuff of dreams.
ski holidays
zammo wrote:
Watched Way of Life yesterday - pick of the bunch so far. Great segments form Sage, Durtschi and McIntosh. Their 'fantasy camp' is truly the stuff of dreams.

I fell asleep during Way of Life. Twice. It was the same old same old and I didn't think the skiing was as good as I saw in Into the Mind. We all get different things out of these movies but the latest TGR offer is their weakest by far and, to me, the weakest of this season.
snow conditions
Yeah I thought Way of Life wasn't that great. I also watched the latest Legs of Steel movie which is even less impressive. Same old, same old. People are putting out free content that's easily as good these days.
snow conditions
Go back to Helly Hansen's 'Happy Happy' dvd. Free and still one of the best I've ever seen... amazing soundtrack too.
ski holidays
meh wrote:
...People are putting out free content that's easily as good these days.

The Salomon Freeski TV YouTube channel is a good example. The quality of photography and skiing is as good as — if not better than — many paid-for movies, especially last season and this season so far.
ski holidays
Zero-G, yups, the first two this year have been better than some of the stuff I've paid for.
latest report
meh, the Norway one has made me think I should put Norway on the list over and above Japan. A first world conundrum.
latest report
Eric Pollard's webisodes on Vimeo are good. Skiers Journey videos are well produced too.
snow report
justatheory wrote:
Eric Pollard's webisodes on Vimeo are good. Skiers Journey videos are well produced too.

If you're talking about the Nimbus vids on Vimeo, agreed!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy