Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Today was crunch day, the sprog found out we are going skiing which wasn't a great deal, but it would of been good to just turn up at the airport and surprise him with the holiday. Anyway after finding out he kicked off (teenager) and said "dont want to do it " and other comments around the "why me" "its not fair" etc... two nights of moaning and a car trip to Tamworth today again moaning saw me and SWIMBO worried we were about to loose a package holiday and or start looking for a cat home to send him to over Xmas whilst we went.... Laughing Laughing

We dragged his reluctant self into the snow-dome and proceeded to meet the instructor (we booked him a 3 hour lesson) and left him to it. We rushed off and had a couple of runs then looked in on how he was doing. Still moaning!!! Not looking good mumbling under his breath and a face like sin.

An hour went by and it was the boots fault, the lack of poles fault, the instructors fault, the skis fault, the snows fault (you get the idea)... We left it another 15 minutes and decided its time to drag him off for a drink and a chocolate bar, and call it quits (their is only so much we can take of him being a teenager before it needs nipping in the bud).

Over goes SWIMBO and asks him to come over for a drink and he turns back and says "just let me do another run" and smiles snowHead snowHead snowHead the little angle has got it... within another 45 minutes he's doing snow plough turns from half way then from the top...

Massive praise to Tamworth they have him skiing, early days still, but he wants to know all about the resort, what skis he needs. I think the Crunch has been avoided and the patients of the staff on the slope may of saved out holiday. More important the local cat hostel is safe for another year .
wink

As for me and SWIMBO its been 15 years since we were on skis and the skiing was great fun, cannot wait till XMAS and our trip to France Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And given he has learnt on Tamworth's hardpack - icy slopes resort snow will hold no fear for him!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your not wrong there, at one point i thought i should get my Jane torvell suit on !! BUT and a big but, its nearby and its better than a sandpaper dry slope!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, me and the kids all learnt at Tamworth. Remembering back to when I first started I couldn't understand why everyone said it was icy until week 2 in the mountains, SHs EoSB, first morning, me waiting for the not quite beginners lesson thinking WOW this slope looks just like freshly groomed Tamworth but it just goes on and on! OK says Instructor lets ski down to lift then we'll split you into 2 groups. Well that was easy when we got to the lift there only 4 of us there, the rest had declined what they named the 'icy blue of death' and hiked off to find a more friendly place to join the slope!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy