Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Season must be on its way, TKMaxx have ski jackets ...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I hope this is the right forum for this ...? Toofy Grin

If they stick to the form of previous years, smaller stuff - gloves, base layer, etc. - should appear in the stores from the beginning of October, so next week. Will post again when MissusMac spots the stuff.

Hth.

Regards,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
StuartMac, useful, thanks. I am after some new gloves and always get them from TKMaxx.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in the Kingston branch today. Size large Spyder Eiger Shell £199. Same as this black & yellow one:

http://www.backcountry.com/spyder-eiger-shell-jacket-mens

There were two on the rail at the head of the rack, in case anyone is interested.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of Salomon jackets in the one near me yesterday, Stanley Green near Cheadle, Cheshire.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice Salomon jacket in the ladies section in the Manchester Arndale one over the weekend thankfully/unfortunately wasn't in my size.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
palumbex, that's so over-priced. Not to mention goppingly ugly.

As some of TKMaxx's stock is samples (ie just used to show to the trade), I wonder if some garments are properly finished, seams taped etc.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably, and loads is in xxxl or Small, and last year many of the jackets made that Spyder jacket look tasteful. I bought a Scott jacket 3 years ago and it is pretty robust, but on the trouser things the popper , popped and they needed binning, they were not Scott.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, As Spyder jackets go it is less ugly than their usual offerings. Plus, aren't all Spyder jackets over-priced?

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
palumbex, Especially those fake ones on Flea Bay!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
palumbex, that's so over-priced. Not to mention goppingly ugly.

As some of TKMaxx's stock is samples (ie just used to show to the trade), I wonder if some garments are properly finished, seams taped etc.

Actually as Spyder jackets go that one is quite tasteful!
My Rossi Tribe Jacket was a trade sample from Takky, still going strong into its 5th winter and as far as I've seen pretty much a one of kind as I've never seen one in the same colour in the shops.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Someone has revived an old TKMaxx thread saying there's not much good stuff there. That's true. This season is going to be dire. I have been into a couple lately and noticed a stark difference to previous years and basically they seen to have a small selection of dross from low-end brands. So I asked someone I know who knows about these things and, apparently, A.N.Other retailer got in very early and has bought up most of the good stuff that was hanging around in warehouses and will be flogging it off at the shows.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
palumbex wrote:
Bode Swiller, As Spyder jackets go it is less ugly than their usual offerings.
And it'll look great on you I'm sure.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I popped into TKM in Waterlooville a couple of days ago. Wanted a pair of gloves but they had nothing at all. OTOH bought a couple of nice saucepans.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They should look good on your hands. wink

I only live round the corner, but we've got loads of saucepans.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi All,

Well, at least in the Tunbridge Wells branch.

Confused Sadly, it looks like the displays are going to be as rubbishy as last year's - all the gloves are upstairs in the Men's section and the socks are mixed in with 'normal' ones in the socks display ... This is all the more annoying this year as the in-store broadcast waffle specifically refers to their ski-wear ... Neutral

Good hunting ... rolling eyes

Hth.

Regards,
ski holidays
Bought the girlfriend a very nice salomon jacket there, not exactly cheap at £200. Cant for the life of me understand who is paying the original £540 for these!!
latest report
Just nipped into TKMaxx at Leicester, primarily looking for a new hat, but found myself a new Volkl Lounge Jacket at £64.99, me thinks its a bargain as RRP was 290 but have found these on the web but still got it half price (http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Volkl-Mens-Black-Lounge-Jacket/4144347/product.html) not sure what wifey will say Very Happy .....suppose she'll want a new one for Xmas Puzzled
ski holidays
Just a heads-up... popped into TKMaxx at the weekend with the missus and was pleasantly surprised to see some decent Ski Jackets on the rails.... Had a chat to the sales guy and he said more deliveries where due in this week. Seems like a good time to check out your local stores if your after some bargains on last years gear etc...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy