Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, trip 2 for 06 will be to Canadia, whence come Canadians. Fernie is currently top of our list.

However, my group of chums is keen to not completely break the bank which means a 'package' is a MUST.

Our problem is this:

All the departure dates we can find are on Saturdays and Wednesdays. Other commitments mean that while this is OKish it would be much better if we could fly out on a Sunday.

Anyone know of an operator that offers this?

Cheers

Z

p.s. fever setting in, last night i got our both of my pairs of skis and layed them out on the sitting room floor to admire. Mrs. Z looked at me somewhat askance ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zammo, you could try ringing Ski Independence. They can be flexible on dates. 0845 310 3030
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you really want to save money, a package actually is not the way to go. We have managed to save nearly 20% on the best package price going to Lake Louise for a fortnight..... Ski independence are good, but they didnt offer us Fernie.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DIY in Whistler?

Zoom Airlines - flights to Vancouver from £129 each way

http://www.flyzoom.com
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we looked at doing fernie as a DIY but then again we were looking for a bit of luxury - here's my resort review

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=21273

charter flights to calgary will be weds and sats, no exepctions. if you want to fly sunday, you'll have to go scheduled, which means air canada, BA, KLM to vancouver or maybe zoom - either vancouver or calgary, if you fancy fernie then calgary is better as it;s far closer, unless you can fly from vancouver to cranbrook - only an hour from fernie, but flight times may not meet up very well so you may end up losing ski days.

it's four hours from calgary and the buses run at weird times so you can hire a car / van, organise a taxi or get on the bus

I'd recommend Frontier for Fernie, they were really helpful when we were organising the trip and their local reps really went out of their way to help when I left my ski boots at Calgary. Hint, always yake your own luggage off the carousel, avoid "baggage chain" situations where each person passes a case to the person behin Sad

BTW, this is probably more suited to "resorts" than "the piste"

feel free to ask questions about fernie if you like . it;s Grrrrrreeat!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers Guys. I wasn't sure if this thread should be in 'Resorts' as it's really about getting to Canadia in general ...

Anyhow, I've contacted Frontier and they're putting a quote together for me.

On the subject of Fernie itself, would you recommend staying in town on at FAR?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed at FAR, we had friends who stayed downtown and they said they wished they'd paid the extra and stayed in resort. much easier skiing wise. getting to town is easy enough with the regular buses or taxis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy