Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Exceptionally cold December forecast for France

Poster: A snowHead
Meteorologists are predicting that temperatures in France this December will be 3 degrees celsius colder than normal. The forecast is part of a 6-month prediction.

This report (in French) from LaMeteo.org.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bummer...Ithat is no use to me...I'm skiing in Switzerland!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With average precipitation as well. Sounds promising.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Let's see if we can source any more long-term forecasts. There's been a recent prediction of a cold winter for the UK - maybe the idea is that the EU shares snowy winters, which would be something to drink to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, I'm sure a few flakes may get past Swiss frontier controls and creep down to Le Chable!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forum/Brian%20Gaze.aspx, concurs with La Meteo and predicts a very cold mid December for the UK.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it has already arrived! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hibernia wrote:
I think it has already arrived! snowHead

It had here, just south of Salisbury Plain, this morning. My car was covered in thick frost and was registering -5 on the temperature guage. Looks like another chilly one tonight as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had frost on the grass in the shade until around 11.00am
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Please chaps until I get my central heating replaced can we not discuss how cold its going to be in the UK Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, When you start getting frosts in your area we will know it's cold!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, there was a light frost this morning Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, you have my sympathy, our central heating gave up the ghost last January and it was miserable.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whats central heating ? We just have Ready Brek !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Paul Mason wrote:

Many years ago when my sister was at school, she started corresponding with a french pen-pal. The french girl was due to travel to England to stay with us. In her letter she asked whether we had "the heating middle". We puzzled over the meaning of this for some time before we realised she had attempted a literal translation of "chauffage centrale" Toofy Grin
latest report
That could also mean we will have colder temps in Jersey and maybe get some snow.. wink
latest report
I like the idea of the abundant precipitation this month - haven't seen much of it yet. I'm going to buy some boot heaters. Shocked Shocked
latest report
I bought boot heaters after weeks of -15 last season. Then, of course, the weather changed immediately. They're great though, can't think why I waited so long. I want hand-heaters too, but those little "use once" packs you can put in ordinary gloves are cheap (cheaper in France than in our local ski shop, by the way) and do the job.

Good to think of a cold winter plus precipitation; if only I could convince myself to believe in long-term weather forecasting...
snow conditions
Paul Mason wrote:

Cointreau from a hip flask has a similar effect.
ski holidays
They are claiming abundant precipation for this month so I would take any further claims with a huge chunk of salt.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, just heard a great comment 'weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy