Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers Geneva to Courchevel?

Poster: A snowHead
Not quite sure if this is the right place, if not, apologies ...
/Any ideas on the most reasonable way to get from Geneva airport to Courchevel on Saturday 10th april, and back again on Tuesday 14th? For a friend, who tells me she's had a quote of £700 - bargain. Mad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've friends who do transfers. Need to find their website. I'll get back to you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
She can almost certainly get a seat on a transfer bus by phoning around the million and one tour operators who will be running buses from the airport that day. A one-way fare should be no more than £40.

As for getting back, there should be a scheduled bus down to the valley and maybe a change for a bus to Geneva. The key factor there will be her departure time from Geneva.

All in all, she should get some change out of £700, though hopefully that quote was for an executive jet to the Altiport.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try www. A-T-S.NET - they run both private and shared mini bus transfers from Geneva to all the Haute Savoie resorts.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure she'd get a hire car for roughly the same as the coach prices - £80 return.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I should also have mentioned phoning the Courchevel tourist office, or dropping them an email. People forget that one of the jobs of a TO is to advise people how to get there and back using public transport. Maybe the info. is on their website - for many ski resorts, it is.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
True, marc. £700 could get you quite a nice rental car. Maybe an Aston Martin, for the 007 experience, or a self-drive stretch limo with sauna and ski room.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy remind me to be more specific in future. If the coach is £80 return or the ATS is £100 return (according to their website) the car hire should be under £100 for a short break.

Last one I hired at Zurich was about that price for a big car, if pomas' mate only needs a mini for herself then I'd guess £80 should do it.

Sheeze. NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks everybody; I have put her onto ATS (also 3 valleys transfers, satobus etc) and sent her the rather garbled info on the resort website. Suspect E100 per person is about the mark and a small car must be less than E200 for 4 days (there are 2 of them). Any suggestions for cheap car rental from Geneva?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go to www.gva.ch and click through to public transportaion you'll find a list of buses and timetables, it's about £50 one way and about £80 return.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
poma, find the airport website, it will have a link to partners (or something like), list the car rental companies and click on the hyperlink to each site (I'd guess there'll be about half a dozen), compare prices.

This is a pain, takes about 30 mins, but the various companies will have offers from time to time and the prices change. You can also then book the car online.

Works for me every time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
poma, I hired a car from Geneva (to drive to Courchevel, funnily enough) a couple of weeks ago from Snowextras. Cheapest place around for seven day hire for a decent sized estate car. Even upgraded it FOC. They use Europcar on the Swiss Side.

Avoid Avis and Hertz: apart from the fact they're overpriced, their desks at the swiss side are totally jammed.

Hiring a car is actually cheaper if you hire one on the French side of the airport, but not sure if you get the Vignette then...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try www.altibus.com
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try these guys...
www.mountaintransfers.co.uk
ski holidays
mountaintransfers .co.uk said they'd get back to us in 48 hours a week ago. Thy still haven't.
ski holidays
poma,
Quote:

Any suggestions for cheap car rental from Geneva?

3 weeks ago we used holidayautos.co.uk (or .com??) they are like a broker, we got a good price and the car was from Hertz. Good service, easy, no complaints.

Journey up to 1850 took us just 2 hours, was a pleasant surprise.
latest report
For car hire try http://www.expedia.co.uk/Default.asp?CCheck=1 or http://www.travelocity.com/
I hired a car while in Geneva and it worked out far cheaper using these sites (expedia worked better for Geneva).
Car hire is simple at the airport, as is the car return.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy