Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl evening meal options for lazy self-caterers - info please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decided that whilst the 4* half board hotel was a great idea the budget dictated an apartment (very central to Rosskarbahn/HoheMutbahn). Due to be there for 4 nights in December. We were there in the same apartments 5 years ago for 3 night but didn't really explore. If anyone knows if the bigger hotels allow non-residents to eat there/other options that would be really helpful. Remember there was a pizza/general restaurant but not even sure if that's still there and the Obergurgl website sparing on Info on this topic! Will be there by public transport so close to centre useful.
Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Late starter, in our (small) French resort there are two traiteurs where you can buy delicious, ready-made meals to take home. they are not cheap, compared to cooking for yourself, but a big saving on a restaurant bill. There might be something similar in Obergurgl.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Pam
I have a feeling that's a French thing rather than an Austrian thing - tho I hope to stand corrected!!
Hope all well with you - nose has been far to close to grindstone for too long and Snowheads has not been on my radar! Still have fond memories of my stay with yourselves and subsequent trip to Les Saisies
Jasmine
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Late starter, There are quite a few places to eat in the village centre and a few places a short walk away at the other end of town, nearer to the Festkogl gondola. Centrally, there's the Picnic restaurant opposite the Spar shop, the Hexenkuchl restaurant in the Jennewien hotel and the restaurant in the Hotel Mathieson. There's also a Pizzeria in the Hotel Madeline but I don't go there much as I've always found the service to be very slow. At the other end of town there's the Belmonte pizzeria which I go to a lot - it's next to the Hochfirst hotel. Between Belmonte and Festkogl there's Salt and Pepper restaurant which is quite new and always quiet but I always find that the food is good and not particularly expensive. Opposite the Hochfirst, next to the Alpen Aussicht hotel, is Krumpn's Stadl that always served nice food but was closed when I was there at Easter but may be open again in December.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kelskii thank you - that's all really helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaurants-g608674-Obergurgl_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks DB! Jetzt muss ich Deutsch lesen....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Late Starter
Please could you let me have the details of the self catering accomodation in Obergurgyl. We looked last year and all the self catering seemed quite pricey compared to the cheaper hotel packages.
For our last couple of ski holdays, we have taken posh ready meals out with us from COOK. You buy them frozen but they travel well and were still defrosting in the cool bag when we drove to France last year even with an overnight stop. When we arrive at the apartment, we just pop them in the fridge to carry on defrosting.
Some can only be cooked in the oven but most can microwave too. Self catering has never been so easy - they have everything from Curry to Shepherds pie to Beef Bourgninon ( which I cant spell but it does taste nice !)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, look at www.broser.cc no oven but does have microwave and 2 hot plates. We are flying to Innsbruck so thanks for the info on COOK but not sure they would survive the baggage handlers!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One option would be a short taxi ride down to Soelden where the restaurant choice is much bigger, and maybe a couple of drinks in the Soelden nightlife. Followed by a taxi ride home again. Cheaper option would be using the bus but they don´t run late in the evening to get back with. It would make a more expensive meal but a good fun evening. It´s only a 10-15 minute taxi ride.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have stayed at both Edeweiss and Jenewein, right by the Rosskahrbann. From memory, both allow external guests to eat there but you might have to book. Jenewein has 2 seperate restaurants, one for hotel guest only and one for non-hotel guests. There are also a couple of restaurants right in the centre of the village, where I had lunch but I forgot the names.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Now back - from a somewhat unsnowy Obergurgl! For anyone who might find it helpful: Wed night we ate at Pizza Romantika (part of Hotel Madeleine) arrived 6.45 ish had to wait about 20-25 minutes for a table) Chalet caterers night off apparently so full and people arrived and tried for tables while we were there mostly with success after a wait. Service good though busy. Thurs to PIcNic - reserved for 6.30 and fine all evening. Friday to Graune Stuberl at Hotel Mathieson. Again booked late pm for 6.30 and no problem. Quiet when we arrived but pretty full by 8pm. Food good at all. Sat night back to Pizzeria - they only take bookings for 6pm so went for that. Busy again with people waiting for maybe 10-15 mins while we were there but generally getting tables. Would have tried Jenewien but happy with the options we found! With more self-catering accom now would suspect booking is generally good plan - and liked by orderly Austrian estabishments!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Late starter, hope you had a good time overall, shame about the snow. Staff in the Romantika always seemed to look overworked in the past.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy