Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So When Can we expect the first big dump of the season.

Poster: A snowHead
as title really. going out for a season on dec 4th (can't wait) and am starting to see some white patches appear on the webcams around the alps. but when will it all be white from the first big snow fall.

any ideas

pudders
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've asked God and he says 3 weeks next tuesday.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
God, also known as ORF, says Wednesday.
Nadenoodlee, which God do you pray to? I think I prefer my one.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Lawrie, i prefer your god to. makes it closer. will he point out where it will be best.

I asked my god and he said hes on holiday sunning himself call later

pudders
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike Lawrie, I pray to the one who listens!! Ive yet to get a response but feel confident that my virtuos lifestyle will ensure I hear back soon! snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
Mike Lawrie, that was Gott that said that. Dieu, on the other hand, is making no such promises wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No-one has said it yet so I will.

I had my first big dump this morning.......about 6.45am ! NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, that just because he's not Mon Dieu. Mein Gott on the other hand is still on top of things and is maintaining Teutonic punctuality. Wednesday is still the day Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so today is the day any news on snow then
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
benpudney, Paul Mason said there was some in Newcastle this morning. I don't think it was a particularly big dump though.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
benpudney, it's raining here in Munich and the weather maps say it's snowing in the mountains!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There should be some more white pictures on this site tomorrow (dark now, 17:11 CET)

http://www.snoweye.com/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike Lawrie, Thanks. You just made my evening! Can you make sure you steer the odd cloud towards Sallbach? Blowing might do it.
wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow in Northumberland/Newcastle was pathetically small.....no sledging or snowmen bah-humbug!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Lawrie wrote:
God, also known as ORF, says Wednesday.

Ah, but is that (DG) ORF (resident Snowhead Wengen expert snowHead ) or Oestereiches Rund Funk (Austrian Broadcasting)? Toofy Grin
snow report
Alastair Pink, now why would I want to pray to DG?
If you want to see the results of the dump then most of the webcams for austrian ski resorts are available at http://www.tw1.at/
Hope this keeps up
snow report
15 cm new snow at Kaprun

http://www.kitzsteinhorn.at/de/aktuelles/index.htm
snow conditions
Another 12 cm yesterday / last night for Kaprun (that's much more than snow-forecast predicited)

snow report
A couple of cm of snow in Munich this morning. About 100,000 drivers discovered that this white stuff is all slippery, and that they should have got those winter tires on last week after all. Total chaos on the roads Puzzled
snow report
Mike Lawrie wrote:
A couple of cm of snow in Munich this morning. About 100,000 drivers discovered that this white stuff is all slippery, and that they should have got those winter tires on last week after all. Total chaos on the roads Puzzled

Or they discovered those BMW's weren't any good in the snow Very Happy This used to really p*ss me off when I lived in Germany, it's the same every year, the guys who spend the summer months flashing their headlights at anyone doing less than 300 kph on the autobahn trying to bully other drivers off the road all suddenly slow down to 5kph, sideways and show no inclination to get out the way of those with AWD and/or winter tyres Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They're just following FIS Rules.
ski holidays
ise wrote:
Mike Lawrie wrote:

Or they discovered those BMW's weren't any good in the snow Very Happy This used to really p*ss me off when I lived in Germany, it's the same every year, the guys who spend the summer months flashing their headlights at anyone doing less than 300 kph on the autobahn trying to bully other drivers off the road all suddenly slow down to 5kph, sideways and show no inclination to get out the way of those with AWD and/or winter tyres Very Happy

Merc drivers are at least as bad. Some of them seem to think they can get away with the same speeds and tactics on Austrian motorways. Summer tyres and rear wheel drive are great for getting your moneys worth out of your Road Recovery service and /or insurance. Confused
snow report
Just be thankful that Mercedes and BMW don't make skis
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, well in fact Porsche were selling a line of skis a few years ago. When you took a close look at them it turned out that they were Voelkl P30s, but cost twice as much as the original Puzzled
In fact I drive a BMW (sorry ise). Mainly because my wife works for BMW and we get to lease the things cheap. The X3 is just fine on snow. No problems at all.
snow report
Mike Lawrie,

Any idea how the 330xd performs on the snow when compared to say the equivalent Audi A4? I've read that even though it's 4WD most of the power goes through the back wheels.
snow report
DB, sorry. Not having driven an A4 I can't say. At the moment we have got a 2 litre diesel X3. First diesel I've had, and am wondering why I waited so long, especially considering the difference in prices diesel v petrol here in Deutschland. I thought that the 2 litre engine might be a bit underpowered, but turns out to be completely adequate for pottering up and down to Garmisch at 200KPH. Wouldn't quite make the 300KPH mark, but then (most) BMWs voluntarily cap themselves at 250 anyway
wink
snow report
Still snowing by the way!
snow conditions
Thanks Mike,

I've had an Audi diesel which was superb but the BMW diesel engines are supposed to be even better.

The snow has reached us here in Vienna and the garden is now white. Hearing reports of trucks stuck on west Autoahn near Vienna (must be them BMW's slowing em down wink )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaprun got another 20cm by the way .....

snow report
Still snowing. Another 20cm scheduled for tonight Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Looks like Friday for Scotland snowHead snowHeadsnowHead

there's some folks over on net-weather.co.uk getting very very excited about UK weather Thursday night onwards - still a long long way off in forecasting terms but starting to make the BBC forecasts today.

ski holidays
The Swiss website meteoblue does a forecast for the whole of the alps, go here then choose High resolution Forecast Switzerland, choose 3h Precipitation - All (right hand side of table) and you get a two day animated map for the whole of the alps
snow report
My consultations with ORF show that it will continue snowing for just about the whole of this week.
Looks like I picked a bad time to be flying to Fuerte Ventura Sad
ski holidays
According to the local papers here in Bern. It will Snow Friday & Saturday (25,26Nov) here in the city . Its -4C here this morning.
latest report
Snow forecast is predicting snow this week. It is certainly cold enough to snow. I notice snow cannons are on in most places.
latest report
Mouth wrote:
Snow forecast is predicting snow this week. It is certainly cold enough to snow. I notice snow cannons are on in most places.

I only watch the cameras in one village! Very Happy
snow report
The major dump is coming LOL!
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
ski holidays
and there's snow almost to the lift! Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin, I know and the mounds are taller than me! First one to spot the real snow when it arrives this week. Loser buys the first beer Laughing
As I am glued to the webcam I am feeling fairly confident here...not that I am competitve at all.... Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy