Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We need Skiing tuition in Stubai Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, we are off to Austria staying in neusteft for Xmas and new year. Looking for a lesson/s for myself, I can ski down all groomed pistes although the moguls are hard work and my technique is not great, I want to now go off piste and be able to ski in all areas of the mountain. So think that a private lesson is best way forward. It worries me slightly going to Austria and not knowing anything about instructors etc.
My son is 9 and a great skier ( we are both proficient ice skaters which helps with balance etc) He will also ski down any piste but I think would also improve with a private lesson or two. Would love to hear about any English ski tutors out in Neusteft if there is any.
so please help.
Jim 😊
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All the instructors will speak English Jimbobwillis. One the standard of language teaching in Austrian schools is outstanding beginning at 7 years in the second class, and two you have to have passed the English (or another foreign language module in your training. Many schools in areas that receive a large number of non-German speaking will use English as the medium for teaching. You may even get a native English speaker.

However, as to the state/possibility of skiing off-piste that early in the season, you may need to play it by ear. If we get a good early start to the season you may be lucky, otherwise they will probably work on your technique in preparation for your off-piste forays at a later stage. If moguls cause you problems, you may not yet be technically ready to ski safely outside of the patrolled areas. One private lesson may not be enough if you are having difficulties coping with moguls and as you say yourself, your technique is not great.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

One private lesson may not be enough if you are having difficulties coping with moguls and as you say yourself, your technique is not great.

I was thinking that, too - I have had a lot of lessons and wouldn't say I have even begun to master moguls or off-piste. wink Great idea to have some lessons, though. Last time I skied in Austria the instructor had taught in Loughborough for 2 years and spoke brilliant English.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy