Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio/Brenta Dolomites mid-December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Low prices have us on the verge of committing to a crafty pre-Christmas week in Madonna di Campiglio December 14-21. But we're worried about conditions so early in the season. Historical snowfall records for December seem to show ample coverage, but the figures I saw are monthly and I presume most of the white stuff appeared in the second half (or toward the end) of December.

So... too high a risk of false economy? Has anyone visited Madonna/Foldarida/Pinzolo pre-Christmas and can weigh in?

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We live in bormio which is not to far from Madonna di Campiglio and we normally have ample snow by end of November.
Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Considering the same thing. Flights to Innsbruck are booked but I'll wait till nearer the time to book the resort I think
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peter42, even last year, which I understand was pretty poor across the Alps?

We were in Bad Gastein last year for a week over New Year's, and it was disappointingly warm and cloudy/foggy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
idlehands, We managed to start skiing the 3rd weekend of november and by mid december most runs where open.
Bormio has a very good snow making network and so does Madonna di Campiglio.
We had reasonable weather mostly cold with blue sky over new year. I hope for the same or better this year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
idlehands, personally, I would never consider booking anywhere so early in the season. I just don't think it is worth the considerable risk.

However, MdC does have great snowmaking and almost glacier skiing up at Groste, so I really think you will probably be OK.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
peter42, if, white dog, is your, site, I'd, recommend, fewer, commas.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do it - it'll be amazing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Dolomites are often the area which misses snow which goes most other places (I had to cancel an off-piste holiday in January a couple of years ago). However looking at the Ski Club of GB historic snow reports (not available to non-members) it looks like you'll be OK (especially if it a piste holiday).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy