Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia in April (Easter Hols)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snow Guru's

Does anyone have experience/knowledge of Cervinia in early/mid April?

I was hoping to drag the clan away during the Easter hols, and Italy would make an interesting destination: but only if its :

a: Open
b: Not wet and slushy.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,

Iain

PS, this enquiry may be obviated if Admin sorts out a suitable Family bash..still says TBC..

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-09-13 16:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Easter holidays are very late this year, the bank holiday being the 21/4/2014. I imagine this will be the last or penultimate week of the season in Cervina. Thoughts about what the snow conditions will be like are purely speculative but I would hazard a guess that the mornings will be very firm and the afternoons wet and slushy.

I skied that week in Zermatt a few years ago and the snow in Cervinia was fine when we went over the border. I remember driving back in a blizzard the last weekend in April.

Sorry if that is not much help
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TR from Cervinia on june 30th, 2013. Skiing to village still possible.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=47639&p=4921886
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia was ace* weekend before May day weekend this year.

* ace includes skiing by braille and skiing dirty sloppy lovely wet pow all the way to the village.

To be honest not wet and slushy is a big ask in April. If it's sunny stuff corns up, if it storms and temperatures aren't just so, chances are you'll get quite high moisture content snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Cervinia Feb 2012, we had unseasonably high temperatures, daytimes 12-18º, overnight 4-6º. The snow had deteriorated considerably but they did an amazing job of keeping all the runs open and prepared.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd like to think conditions of 2013 will be repeated in 2014 but I'm not counting on it!

It's a long time ago but I've been to Cervinia at Easter a few times. Mixed. Some years good, some years skiing to village level was deteriorating or non-existent.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy