Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2013/2014: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
polo99, the thing is, you are finding some pistes very difficult to ski, when others are finding them no problem at all. And I know from personal experience that sometimes when visibility is bad one loses confidence and it can go from bad to worse.

It mightn't be such a bad idea to have some lessons - with the goal of being able to enjoy a wider range of conditions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to agree conditions deteriorated somewhat in the afternoon regarding icy, scraped pistes. We skied the Telephone run off Combe de Saulire in the morning easily in excellent conditions and struggled in the late afternoon due to the hard scraped piste. I think it is largely weather related as it has been cloudy, cold and snowing lightly all day, especially high up and the visibility later in the day was very poor, we backed out of going up Mont Du Vallon later in the afternoon because of it. I believe some sunshine mixed with cloud is forecast tomorrow so hopefully the conditions will be better.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mont du Vallon should always be done in the morning. Once before coffee and once after Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with the above re piste conditions - definitely deteriorating as the day went on (though not too bad in the grand scheme of things). Off piste conditions remain very very good (with due care & attention), with soft snow on pretty much every aspect.

A few rays of sun yesterday morning:

Today was a day for playing below the tree line:

Forecast looks good for tomorrow, with possibly some snow coming Sat pm into Sunday...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A number of pistes all over the 3V are quite scraped in places, with small rubble/pebbles as well (Jerusalem particularly so). Courchevel today had some cracking pistes though and the Grand Couloir was full of soft, grippy snow.. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
9am: blue skies and sunshine in VT Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow Forecast looking promising for the next few days - 18cm over the next 24 hours, and then 51cm over Friday/Sat/Sun. Let's hope that forecast comes good! Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
polo99, when I was in the 3Vs in December, the pistes down to Meribel from both sides were very hard-packed indeed - with some patches of proper ice on them. I know how you feel, it was hard to get an edge in on some sections - especially the steeper bits.

Don't be put off by all the experts who don't find it a problem..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HoneyBunny, honestly that was not proper ice, proper ice is see through/blue and commonly found in Scotland Wink

the American marketeers would call it skier packed powder Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So does anyone know if the forecasted overnight dump actually happened?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Handy Turnip, yes it did snow yesterday late afternoon and evening. Pistes have had a nice top up and there was some fresh stuff to play in off piste. Possibly 15 cm up high but it was deeper in places where it had drifted/been deposited. Lots of fun to be had in the soft stuff particularly with some of the bumps underneath in the Grand Couloir and under the Suisse chair. Heavy snow is forecast tomorrow and then more snowfall over the next week.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 6-02-14 14:08; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes la tania video forecast reckons 20cm yesterday...and more on the way....always a good site to check is latania.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/latania.co.uk
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers juliad, looks like it could be a good week of snow! Fingers crossed!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes that would be good Handy Turnip, especially with half term coming up. Pistes will be in good condition once the bashers have been out and there is now better snow coverage off piste.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowed for 8 hours today in Courcheval. Visibility pretty poor at times, but great conditions when you can see. More snow forecast for tomorrow.
snow conditions
I take it back polo99, it was bloody ice in Les Menuires, blue shiny see-through god's honest ice! Grrrr! Only in the odd spot though (I'm looking at you Leo Lacroix!) plus some heavy traffic areas are very hard packed. It snowed a lot over the last week though so improving all the time and Meribel and Courchevel seemed much better. Should be great for anyone heading out this week regardless - lots of fresh snow yesterday, knee deep in places Smile aj xx
snow conditions
Came back from Val Thorens last night.
Dump on friday nicely topped up snow levels, and made for some nice off piste.
High winds though are stripping snow from some slopes, and making it generally a bit unpleasant up there.
Conditions better in Meribel.

Had a great week though! Very Happy
snow report
Snow in courchevel is fantastic though light was a bit flat yesterday. Top lifts were closed until about 3 due to high winds, but when it opened up pistes were fantastic with a fresh dusting of snow on lovely groomed pistes!
Looks like a couple of clear days today and tomorrow do should be great.
snow report
Any news from Mottaret?
snow conditions
About 10cms of new snow across 3V yesterday. Cloudy this morning so conditions should hold good. Slightly heavy below about 1800m. Should be fantastic above 2000m as winds have become light after strong gusts yesterday. Peak week next week should be good for the many thousands heading here.
snow report
Warm in val Thorens today +7'c . Hope it cools down.
snow report
yep, warm and overcast. heavy, even slushy lower, but pistes in very good shape higher
ski holidays
It has snowed
It is snowing
It is going to snow

about 25-40cm today so far, and still snowing. Poor visibility, and Parisiens arriving without chains

More snow forecast tonight
ski holidays
Empty on the pistes, for a half term, with about a foot of powder on all pistes.

Flat light though.

Bit more sun forecast for tomorrow.
snow report
Quote:

Bit more sun forecast for tomorrow.

that'll bring out the crowds... wink
latest report
Sounds like it's been a good 24 hours of snow!

Whatever happened to that zip wire they were supposed to be installing in VT?
latest report
Terrible crowds in Courchevel today:

And the snow was pretty poor too:

In other news - bit of Foehn blowing today and very mild on the hill. Everything that has had a bit of sun is getting heavy already, but true North slopes still very very soft!
latest report
Heading out to La Tania on sunday! Looking at forecasts there saying maybe snow Friday and Saturday! Any truth in the rumour from people in resort??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My long range forecasts are saying snow flurries on Frid and that is all...
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
Sounds like it's been a good 24 hours of snow!

Whatever happened to that zip wire they were supposed to be installing in VT?

It was working yesterday. Looked terrifying to me. If someone got stuck halfway it would be a devil's own job getting them down.
snow report
Been foggy all day. Just hope visibility is better tomorrow .
snow report
Think I must have got my diary wrong as thought it was half term . . . . . . . Go as far as saying a quiet week by any standards
snow report
Cheers emwmarine, I must admit I'm a little bit tempted. I can imagine it's terrifying but it must be one hell of a rush!
snow report
Monday was some of the best snow conditions i can remember in the Alps, but was skiing with the family mostly.
Tuesday was much too warm - skied vallon du loup itineraries a couple of times - from carron and boismint. Plenty of fresh tracks, but very heavy and crusty snow. Not bad for technique, but not a lot of fun, despite it being virtually deserted.
Back with the family today - still much too warm. Rain at 1400 early on, and the lower pistes have taken a bit of a pounding. Very poor viz a lot of the day too.
Off piste again tomorrow, hoping it cools down.
ski holidays
Blue bird all day and quite warm. Lower down it was spring conditions. Snow forecast for tomorrow.
snow conditions
Not the 3valleys, but just across the valley we're in Valmeinier. It's snowed most of the day (short break in the afternoon) and currently snowing quite hard. Should be pretty good for anyone heading out this weekend.
ski holidays
Foggy most of the day and light snow in Val Thorens today.
snow report
Sunshine, a few cm of light powder on piste, about 10-15cms off piste, and very quiet. Forecast looks bright for the next few days
ski holidays
Finally got a ski trip booked for this year. La Tania for the third year running. Did it last minute, today (fly on the 8th).

I'm never doing last minute again. It was the most stressful thing ever.

To the webcams!
latest report
a.j. wrote:
It snowed a lot over the last week though so improving all the time and Meribel and Courchevel seemed much better. Should be great for anyone heading out this week regardless - lots of fresh snow yesterday, knee deep in places Smile aj xx

Thought you guys might like this visual evidence, I think this will ring bells with everyone who was out w/c 1st feb! Shot in the best vis we had all day Smile

http://youtube.com/v/ST6HrMTGIwM

Sorry about the franglais breakout...it was a running joke! And yes we are TERRIBLE skiers rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy