Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing near Zurich at end November?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have to go to Zurich for work at end November and was wondering if I could fit in a cheeky trip somewhere the weekend after (30/11 and 1/12). Is this possible so early? Where? preferably within an hour or so on a train.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardiac, Maybe Engelberg, though it is a bit of a trek up to the glacier if that is all that is open.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laax opens that weekend. More than an hour, but not that much more. From memory a couple of hours, direct train to Chur then post bus. No idea how good it's likely to be though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Engelberg is likely to be open but if the glacier is the only thing open, it's not very exciting.

Places like Zermatt and Diavolezza (near St Moritz) might be decent round then but a much longer train journey
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Davos can be quite good early season, roughly 2.5 hours by train with 1 change from Zurich
If there is a lot of early snow then more resorts will open up otherwise you are pretty much limited to the above suggestions
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boardiac, If you get desperate for suggestions I know someone that I can email who would know where to send you, but give it time as I am fairly sure there is SH who lives in the area who might see your request.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt would definitely offer good skiing up on the glacier. We have been for about the last 5 years for a couple of days ski testing on a package with the tourist office-this year it runs to 1st December. Great fun to try new kit. All you have to take are your ski boots and poles (we hire poles so we can fly handbaggage only on sleasyjet).
http://www.zermatt.ch/en/page.cfm/your_stay/packages/zermatt_tourismus_packages/pa_skitest_hotel_ferienwohnung Usually by the end of November the links over the Cervinia are open so you get far more skiing than just the glacier- great pasta lunches on the Italian side.
. It is a bit of a trek there by train-we do it from Geneva, but I think the trip takes about as long from Zurich-just checked the SBB website-3 hours 11 mins with one change from the central Zurich station (that would mean a direct train to Visp and then a change onto the line up to Zermatt itself) or 3 hours 30 from the airport. Unlike UK trains though, you can rely on them to be on time and to make your changes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks - keep them coming!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy