Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva - New Dantercepies lift

Poster: A snowHead
If you look in bulletin 3/2013 from this site Selva commune bulletins then to me the implication is that the landslide caused a rethink, moving the valley station depart by 10 degrees and the top station arrival by 40 degrees. But I think this all written in Ladin and so translation is rather tricky.

I could be totally wrong. Any Ladin translators out there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dunno.

all I can find is the dantercepies website (edit: which I assume was there before the work started rather than after the landslide), which translates as
Quote:
The main actions are planned:

demolition and complete reconstruction of the stations upstream and downstream
slight shift of the cableway to the South
increase of the hourly capacity of 2200 p / h at 3000 p / h

Last post to alpinforum is from someone asking if Cir piste will be open... will watch that for replies (one of my favourite pistes that one)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See News story from RMI on 9th May the sudtirol journal which seems to say the route of the lift had to be changed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SteveM wrote "...
Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but I have got the impression that the route they took with the "intermediate" station was adjusted after the rockfall on Cir side - as if the original intent was to be the straight line approach like the old one, but then they had to change that and go for dog leg with turning point to avoid the dodgy area....."

I took this from the -- dantercepies./it -- website

"...•relocation of the the cablecar heading southbound...."

i took that too mean -- uphill = same route as old lift :: downhill = new route involving mid-station

However, looking at the photos, from the website that andy has been posting, it looks like uphill and downhill stream will use the mid-station

and just as a P.S. --- it has been snowing Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
maybe it was moved. one of the old pylons was carried 50m down the hill by the slide. saw another pic somewhere of the slide, and it was about 200m wide, 1km long from the Cir side, right across the black piste, the line of the old lift (taking out 1 pylon), all the way to one of the red pistes.
either way, any amendment to the route was planned within a week. and in a way, the timing was almost perfect in that the season was over already, the cables taken down, and none of the new infrastructure installed (afaict they wouldn't have reused the old pylons or bases or power cabling - ie a complete rebuild was going to happen).

and the other lift I've been watching was the Pleney lift in Morzine. That one managed to have a fire in the old top station while they were demolishing it. That was a lift that should have been upgraded a decade ago imho, especially as it's now a mountain biking resort too. Again, perfect timing on the "disaster".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Worth it just for the groovy tunes...

http://youtube.com/v/sgty_JG8pWk
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope they are a bit more organised on the loading of these new ten seaters than the old one. Can see it being chaos while people try to get ten sets of skis in the slots on the outside of the doors!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SteveM wrote:
I hope they are a bit more organised on the loading of these new ten seaters than the old one. Can see it being chaos while people try to get ten sets of skis in the slots on the outside of the doors!

I still remember a 'lifty' jamming my new style 'carvers' in the 'slots' made for the old style skinny skis... could have wept Sad

---------------------------------

The Crane is coming down - but the rest look like a long way from completion !!

http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=20194#top_display_media
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From the dolomitisuperski webby...

Quote:
Val Gardena/Alpe di Siusi, Arabba/Marmolada and Valle Isarco will start their season on December 05th/7th, 2013. Sellaronda tour will open anti clockwise on December 7th, while the clockwise tour is waiting for the opening of the new cabin lift Dantercepies, which is scheduled a few days before Christmas.

Already looking forward to the BB even though there's another ski trip to pack for before that.

Oh... and forgot to mention... from twitter and various other sources, it looks like the Cir black run might have been rebuilt.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Almost Inevitably a Dopplemayer/CWA installation.
Poma don't seem to be able to compete outside of France?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Leitner, I thought. Who own Poma. (edit: and Leitner is just up the road on the Brenner autobahn/autostrada)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hadn't realised that Leitner own Poma as well as Prinroth.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
20 or so new pics. Think it must be the testing this week. Gondola looks awfully close to the ground - doesn't look like it'll be an issue for those with a fear of heights for the first section!
http://www.funivie.org/cantieri/displayimage.php?album=319&pid=20356#top_display_media
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and the bottom station still look like a building site !

Have you seen the new Hi-def webcam they have installed at Ciampinoi (like the Seceda one, if you click bottom right-hand side it goes to full screen...... Very Happy )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just been checking the webcams and the Dantercepies lift looks to be open today, making the Ronda fully open in both directions Smile --- Roll on February !!
ski holidays
albob, Very Happy I'm there in Feb too for the first time- can't wait!
snow report
albob, which webcams show the dantercepies?
ski holidays
SteveM,
which webcams show the dantercepies?

These...

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/selva--daunei-live/page228.html

http://www.val-gardena.com/en/ciampinoi-live/page245.html

It's not very clear tho' !! -- If you study the first link carefully, you can see tiny little dots (the bubbles) moving (and when I saw tiny, I mean microscopic snowHead Madeye-Smiley )

The new style HD cams also work surprisingly well when it is dark !!

P.S. Double click the image, and it goes to FULL screen..

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 16-12-13 10:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Several pics here too, which definitely show it working...
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8337&start=500
http://www.skiforum.it/forum/fantaski-nuovi-progetti/65310-nuova-cabinovia-dantercepies-2013-frana-29.html

Can't wait for s10BB snowHead
snow report
andy wrote:
Several pics here too, which definitely show it working...
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8337&start=500
http://www.skiforum.it/forum/fantaski-nuovi-progetti/65310-nuova-cabinovia-dantercepies-2013-frana-29.html

Can't wait for s10BB snowHead

From the Alpinforum link I see it conked out a few days ago and people on board need to be rescued. When running normally it also stopped a lot and one poster describes the trip as rickety. Nobody much using the middle station yet. But it's working and I'm sure these will be teething problems!
ski holidays
I think that was an evacuation exercise? Yesterday was the first proper day of operation.
snow report
andy wrote:
I think that was an evacuation exercise? Yesterday was the first proper day of operation.

I'm sure you are right Andy - I just looked at 'Rettung' posts, put two and two together and made five!
snow conditions
But yeah - would still expect some teething problems.

Get the impression it was quite a bit of stop-start rather than rickety, and queuing was a mess. Looks like a much larger area at both ends for taking skis off and putting back on (top used to have very little space to step back in to skis).

In other news, looking at Alpinforum, Skiforum and remontees-mechanique, it looks like the 2 way Borest chair is down as "confirmed" to become an 8 person detachable bubble next yr (no idea if the end stations move), Arabba fly is still listed on one site and infinitessimally more likely than it was before (don't hold your breath), a new drag lift on PV side in Arabba on Salere piste (that to me suggests the new Vauz-LaViza lift doesn't link with Carpazza lift, but we'll have to wait and see), and one of the few drag lifts on Corvara-San Cassiano side gets an upgrade to be a 4 seater chair.
snow report
andy, is borest the one out of corvara towards colfosco?
ski holidays
SteveM, yup. the one that goes both ways.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy