Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much should I sell my skis for?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to sell my skis, probably wait until November when the new season is imminent, just wondering how much to ask for them?

They are Rossignol Attraxion 6 162cm, 2008/09 season vintage used for approximately 5 and a half weeks by myself (plus the odd fridge visit) and 1 week by the snowhead who owned them before me. Very good condition, regularly serviced, etc. just wondering whether to stick them on fleabay with no reserve and see what happens or a sensible buy it now price.

Any advice?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've sold a few pairs on ebay in the past and found it very unpredictable. It all depends on how much you are prepared to let them go for as to whether you have a reserve. I take the view that if I really don't want them and there's nobody to give them to then anything is ok. It's always difficult to know when is a good time. It may be that by November everywhere is flooded with people thinking like you. Why not try now with a reserve and if you don't get it try again in November. I think you'll be doing very well to get £100 and could end up with £30 or £40.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, are you buying shiny new ones? I have some of those - older - and like them a lot though that didn't stop me buying shiny new ones. I have several pairs, which I justify by lending them to friends and family who visit me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I have some new Atomics. Bought some barely used ex-demo skis just like the ones I rented and loved in Austria last season. I do like the Rossignols, they are fabulous on hardpacked pistes and stable at speed but I found them hard work in softer snow and slush. I always blamed my technique, but maybe it's the weight of the skis, the Atomics although similar sizing felt really different in soft snow, it was a revelation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, are the Atomics heavier?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, no, they feel lighter and according to online reviews they are stiffer and have 'piste rocker'. All of which is a bit technical jargon for me, the big difference was that I could slide and turn in soft snow and slush rather than just stopping dead and digging myself out. The ones I rented were a little bit shorter so although they had good edge hold I found them a bit wobbley at speed. I was advised to go a bit longer to combat this, so the ones I have bought are 167cm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia, interesting! I find my heavier skis cut better through slush, but I'm really not a good judge of skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, I find the same - heavier skis seem much easier in slush and crud.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe it's not weight then. My Rossignols seemed difficult to keep moving in fresh snow and slush, whereas the Atomics felt like they 'floated' more. Anyway, after 3 years of the same skis, I was ready for a change.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia,
Quote:

after 3 years of the same skis, I was ready for a change
I've had mine for 4. I need a new pair!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy