Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying first pair of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I'm looking for my first pair of skis as I'll probably be skiing 3-4 weeks this year, and as we are driving out to the family apartment in saas fee where they can then be stored, the cost of ownership is almost break even on renting this year alone.

I'm a progressing intermediate, happy on blues, can get down reds but lose a bit of style on steeper sections, have little interest currently in the steepest blacks and would prefer having a but of fun at the edge of the piste or on the small jumps in the beginner park, though I don't want a park ski as I only venture through it from time to time and don't tackle anything serious. I'm 5foot 7 and weigh around 70kg. I ski on either a 150 or 160 in the fridge, so thinking 160 would be better for the mountains in terms of length.

I was looking at the atomic affinity pure or the k2 superific, but was wondering if these would be ok while my technique develops, and at the same time, that I won't overpower in 2 weeks time, I'd probably want to get at least 6-8 weeks out of them over 2-3 years before I even needed to look for a better pair, hopefully more...

Any other recommendations in a similar price range appreciated. I've had boots a year only looking for skis, so my budget for skis is around £400 including bindings.

I'm hoping to get to the ski demo in MK as I live round the corner, but prior commitments mean I'm not back til 6 or 7 pm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a new pair of Head First ones with bindings, never been out the wrapper. Bindings and skis £175
please email me on pistestop@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested, and I can send you pics etc.,
Regards,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy