Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent snow suit for 5 year old.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, all can anyone recommend a good quality ski suit for a 5 year old girl. This will be her 2nd time on skis.

Budget isn't too much of a problem, though not ridiculous. Just to keep her warm for the duration of her morning lessons.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nevkimbers, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead No specific suggestions - though ideally go somewhere you can try some on, I've found "sizing" for kids ski suits a bit hit and miss. My grandchildren, who are by no means gigantic, generally need a size bigger than their age - especially if they are French suits.

But the main decision is whether to get a one piece or separates. For 5 years old I'd probably go for the latter, as the jacket can be her normal winter jacket for cold weather, going to school etc. For littler ones there's a lot to be said for a one-piece because of "snow down the trousers" syndrome.

Neither outfit makes it easy for kids to go to the toilet on their own in a loo with a wet and mucky floor. A once piece needs to be pulled down, so the sleeves drag on the floor. But is that any worse than having to find somewhere to hang a jacket, so that she can pull her trousers down? There aren't always hooks even for adults, and practically never at a height kids can reach. Best to take the jacket off to start with and leave it outside, if there's someone to keep an eye on it.

I have a collection of kids stuff for grandchildren aged from 1 - 10. Many of them (good ones) have been found in charity shops. I try to go for "unisex" colours. wink

Gloves are difficult, sometimes - and you need several pairs because of the speed at which they can get lost/soaking wet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w has it right.

I just kitted out my four year old with gear from Mountain Warehouse. She is slightly smaller than average for her age, but the 3-4 age bracket fits her pretty well and is consistent with their size chart. They have some good deals on at the moment including some very nice gloves at £2 a pair:

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/kids/accessories/gloves-mittens/016210-kids-snow-mitten-p6656.aspx

We would normally get this sort of thing from Aldi/Lidl, but we're going pretty early this season and didn't want to risk having to buy things at full price in December if those two haven't had their ski gear in yet. I think Aldi stock it just after Christmas normally.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buy two complete sets, one on, one drying out!
If poss 4 sets of gloves, change at lunchtime for nice dry pair, Plastic bag in your back pack to keep them in until you get back to Chalet or apartment.
All our grown out of kids stuff goes onto E Bay at the end of the London Ski show week, which seems to be the peak panic!

There is always a thread on here announcing when Aldi Lidl and Tacky Macks get their skiwear bargains in Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have good experience with Tog24 (Swindon outlet shop). Despite stating only 3k or 5k waterproofness, my daughter was never wet and we did have couple of days with sleet last year. Saying that, their mittens were not as good, hope it was just a defective pair.

I’d also look at Trespass, believe they are really good value for money (again, discount shops, we used the Reading one). They have few jackets that could be used through the winter and as a ski jacket. That was our spare one.

For the warmth, managed to find merino Icebreaker leggings on sale. The same setup worked on -10 and +10 and my daughter wouldn’t touch anything that is even a little bit itchy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As always, TKMaxx is worth a look.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on SportPursuit, I got my lad a trespass jacket and pants for under £20 the lot.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we've got separates from Didriksons in stock at the moment and one-piece ski suits from KoziKids will be going online very shortly. if you're interested, in order to work out perfect size, feel free to PM me.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.littleskiers.co.uk
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Decathlon if you live near one ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go Outdoors seem to have an increasing range of kids' stuff at reasonable prices. Have kitted out my grandchildren there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nevkimbers,

I do not know when you go, where you go og how high you go, but for a child the outer layer is not what keeps he/she warm.

Normaly one talks about 3 layer system, but for children you can ad one or two layers. Use woolen BaSslayer, fleecetrouse and fleecesweeter, and som ekstra layer wool or fleece. Gloves should NOT bef ingergloves and EXSTRA INNER glove is needed.
A woolen ninja hat, which should close the neek area, UNDER THE Helmet!

This kept my daugther happy in skischool, while the other childen cried and where cold.
You may think - oh she/he can not move in al this - but that is not so importent when you have seen small childen on ski.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nevkimbers,

Sorry , and off course woolen soks (my be 2 soks) and NOT to smal skiboots.

A happy child in the snow som later years (with lots of inner layeres):

http://www.skisport.dk/fotoalbum/706/4526/
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
grazzenger wrote:
we've got separates from Didriksons in stock at the moment and one-piece ski suits from KoziKids will be going online very shortly. if you're interested, in order to work out perfect size, feel free to PM me.

Our 4 and 6 year old last season did very well at Xmas and Easter in Didriksons separates with 2/3 underlayers. Chosen particularly for the good hem closure as it seems impossible to find a snow skirt at that age and good closure is important for insulation I think. Good braces as well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got my little girl a ski jacket and trousers from TK Maxx. Mixed and matched some white/pink items. However, not sure white was a great idea though as they so get marked easily.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
couldn't agree more with Hyst.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy