Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm looking for a resort for me and my OH to convince her that skiing is the way forward during the winter months.

She boarded a long time ago but wants to give skiing a go.

I'm happy to arrange everything myself or equally book a package, so.... recommendations.

The plan would be for her to take lessons in the morning and for us to slide together in the afternoon. I've got 3 weeks under my belt and will have another one before we go.

Would like ski in/out or a short walk to the lifts and a decent sized area for me to explore in the mornings whilst she has lessons.

Nightlife isn't important and happy to do self catering or have catered accommodation.

Looking mid to late January so any recommendations or apartments you may have that might fit the bill then please let me know.

Cheers

BFM
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Arcs would be perfect for both of you.We stayed in Arc 2000 last year and would highly reccomend it. Best allround resort ive been too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Montgenevre is excellent for confidence building, with gentle runs straight back to the village. It's also good for a jolly in the mornings. There's some ski-in-ski-out apartments next to the nursery slopes. As it's a smallish village there's no long walks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boosterfaceman, there are masses of resorts which would fit the bill. Maybe look for one with a highly recommended ski school with small groups. This is particularly important if you want your OH to really get the skiing bug - the quality of lessons might make the difference between success and failure. Does she do other sports which will help her to be in reasonable shape? And you could do lessons too - just skiing around on your own all morning for a week might become a bit aimless.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, great advice! Many resorts will suit your requirements but a good ski school is essential. New Generation in Courchevel 1650 are great but I think the resort is overpriced.

If it was based just on resort I would try Morzine. I'm sure people will be able to recommend plenty of good schools though. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all.

We were considering a UCPA week away but I'll do some research into ski schools and try and work around that instead. I think having our own place/apartment would make it a bit more special.

I'd probably do some lessons as well but probably not so intensely on this trip.

She's fairly fit but will suffer a little with fear on some steeper stuff (which she did when boarding) so access to the gentle slopes would be a bonus. I learnt in AdH and that was perfect with the beginner slopes at the bottom.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy