Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4-8 Dec with kids? Possible

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My kids school is shut for the first Thursday and Friday in December (!). This means we could fly out to, say, Geneva on the Wednesday night and ski somewhere Thursday, Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday morning.

Can you think of somewhere that is

a) short(ish) transfer from airport bearing in mind late evening landing and young kids
b) is open at that time of year (and presumably is high enough to have snow)
c) has at least some beginner slopes and a ski school for kids

Ideas welcome!!

Thanks

A
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Call mountain sun. Not a short transfer, but they will pick up and drop off.

They are cheap as well.

Hopefully you won't have a scouse stag do on the bus with you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done Verbier at that time of year a few times as its one of the earliest to open. 1h15 by car if you drive like me...

Alternatively Argentiere might be open if there's enough snow, but I wouldn't book till a few days before and the scope for beginners is pretty limited!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andrewfd, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Mountainsun would be ideal BUT I read somewhere recently that they don't accept kids.

None of the French places near Geneva will fit the bill, really - and personally I'd plump for Tignes. Few resorts open that early but Tignes is guaranteed to have skiing then and there are plenty of ski schools (Evolution 2 was very good when I used them).

There was some information recently on one of the Austrian glaciers which sounded very hopeful for kids, early season - but not, of course, flying to Geneva.

That early means skiing high altitude and high altitude means bleak, treeless and, if the weather isn't kind, really rather uncomfortable!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Sun very very helpful on the phone. Thanks for that tip.

Will look into verbier.

A
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What about Zermatt, worth the extra transfer but all doable on the train and a fun journey. Chamonix even on a very good year will only be open weekends.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy