Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2013-14

Poster: A snowHead
Snow down to 2000m last night. Looks like we'll be skiing on this snow on Mt Fort this winter, so time to kick this thread off.

12.5% discount on seasons and annual passes until end of September.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowed below Ruinettes last night for the first time since June(!). Snow cannon are in place at Lacs de Vaux and down the M25.

This will melt lower down, which is just as well as I want to go hiking at the weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow at the top of the Piste de L'Ours and round the Tipi in Veysonnaz last night Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lac des Vaux is opening this weekend. 60-70cm has fallen already today and Televerbier say the pistes are in good condition. lac des Vaux should be open every weekend from now until 6th December when the resort opens for the winter proper.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beginning to look half decent.... http://www.verbierbooking.ch/fr/webcams/les-attelas-0-9
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks, thanks for the update. The weather forecast for the weekend doesn't look brilliant...although it should mean more snow falling
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitters, You're welcome and right. Saturday looks a bit mucky and Monday looks like it could be quite substantial down to lower altitudes. I can't make it to Verbier this weekend, but will be there next. Wondering whether we'll get enough to ski Atellas-Ruinettes?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thyon webcam showing a good snowfall in progress with snow down to Les Masses, how is the rest of the area doing, imagine the higher ground is getting a lot.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking at the webcams it all looks in great shape, although can't really tell the true depth of the snow, but looking promising.

http://www.verbierbooking.ch/en/webcams/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Televerbier have just announced that Atellas - Ruinettes will be open this weekend which is great news.

In other news the Bruson bubble is complete and undergoing extensive testing and an escalator has just been installed in Le Châble to take you from the car park to the lift.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Sparks, that's excellent, and early, although unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to make it over this weekend but hopefully soon
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any news on the prices to ski this weekend? I can't find it mentioned on any website, and I wouldn't mind a run over on Saturday if the weather's good.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, im in Nendaz coming monday till thursday. Where can I go ski this early?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
friet, Zermatt and Sass Fee, I don't think anywhere else is open during the week.

fixx, Sorry I have an annual pass, my guess is around 30CHf per day.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fixx, The prices are mentioned in the comments on the Verbier Sport Plus facebook page as follows:

Adults CHF 49.-
Jeune/Senior CHF 41.-
Enfant CHF 25.-
snow conditions
The Piste de L'Ours, Veysonnaz, is opening for the day tomorrow, as far as mid station. 09.00 to 16.00. CHF 37.80 Smile
latest report
Conditions are absolutely stunning for the time of year. Open to Ruinettes but skiable all the way to Medran. One or two hardy souls were even lapping Tortin yesterday as the bubble's open to bring peole over from Siviez.
snow report
A beautiful day in Verbier today, with both Lac des Vaux lifts and runs and the run down from Attelas to Ruinettes open. Decent snow cover on piste, although a few rocks peaking through still off the sides. It was fairly busy, although not too bad really.

The only bad point of the day was getting in the early bubble lift in Le Chable, which had the smell of a damp St Bernard

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 17-11-13 15:53; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Double post
snow report
La Chaux opening this weekend. Téléverbier doing a good job, great to give them credit when it's due.
snow report
Any snow there today Steve?
snow report
Thinking of heading of on Sunday. Do you think it will be mad crowded?
ski holidays
Snowing in Le Châble this morning red 27, Juddernaut, wasn't too bad last weekend and the weather was perfect. Opening La Chaux gives a lot more space for crowds to disperse.
snow report
Steve Sparks, Thanks - that's good to hear
latest report
Headed up from Geneva for first ski of the season. Fuss-free drive straight to La Chable. 30 minute wait to get ski-passes sorted but then straight on Gondola and no queues for the rest of the day. Water-ski style skis seem to be all the rage and I did feel a bit naff with my ten year old carvers. Weather was great in the morning but visibility went flat in the afternoon. Snow cover was brill, tonnes of the stuff and lots of snow cannons on making hay whilst the sun shines.

Verbier from Ruinettes

The groomed stuff in the morning was top notch.

Had one run through knee high pow but not much fun on the old carvers with my skiing ability.

No eateries upon on the mountain though so we had to ski down to Verbier. Runs lower than Ruinettes were ungroomed and not much fun even though there was mountains of snow. Most of Verbier shut too but managed to get a burger at Harolds.

Snow pretty perfect everywhere except one strange section of the the worst ice I have ever experienced. It was at Fontanets, on the exit from the La Chaux express and provided hours of free entertainment. Simply impossible to get any edge whatsoever and even the instructors were struggling to get down without coming a cropper. Eventually somebody got hurt and they tried to put warning poles up around the area but of course the dudes couldn't ski down to it either, nor walk up it. Amazingly treacherous.

Easy to get an action shot there. I took a few seconds and got four crashes.

ski holidays
I was skiing in Verbier yesterday as well, I can second the good snow. Untracked powder wasn't hard to find!
ski holidays
Both cable cars up to Gentianes will be opening this weekend. Don't know if the col will be open yet though......
snow conditions
Actually its just the cable car from la Chaux....but the Mont Fort one will be open, as well as the Tortin itinerary
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a good day in Verbier yesterday. After the horror of seeing the queue for the ticket office at Le Chable and not being able to park in the main car park as it was full, despite arriving at just after 9am, I was tempted to try driving up to Verbier instead, but in the end just joined the queue as parking up in the village close to the lifts can be a challenge. As it turned out we queued for just less than an hour, which was better than first viewing, as they had set up a 'fair queueing' system rather than pot luck in choosing the right or wrong line. Online booking wasn't yet available, which no doubt added to the queues.

Actually up on the mountain though the lift queues were fine, thankfully. A lot is now open, including Mont Fort and the home run down to the village. Snow was in great condition for the most part, with cannons on throughout the morning at least, topping up the fine snow that was already there. No icy problems as in the above post, and the home run was probably in the best shape I have seen it too, due to the cannons no doubt. Plenty of nice powder stashes were to be found off the sides in Lac des Vaux. The only run in bad shape was the long run down from Gentianes to Le Chaux, at the top part at least which was in pretty poor shape.
ski holidays
Appreciate any slope and off-piste condition updates from anyone now skiing Verbier. Will be there on the 14th Very Happy . Cheers.
ski holidays
I'm heading out there on 14th too....im a bit worried with the lift status - only a few are open!
snow report
Should see some more lifts open tomorrow, which is the official opening day - bring it on!
ski holidays
VoodooBob, lovely day to day. A bit of cloud floating around, but on the whole decent weather. Pistes in excellent condition all the way into resort. Particualrlrly enjoyed my first descent into e Place Blanche, so nice not to end your ski day next to a bus filling station.

More lifts will open tomorrow, I think Savolyeres due to open tomorrow week. There's a bit more snow needed to bring off piste and itineraries into top condition.
snow conditions
Steve Sparks thanks for the info. You would appear to know your stuff on Verbier and I assume from you post dates that you could be a resident? If so I'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on the mild resort level temps forecast for next week plus the lack of fresh snow. With mid December in mind what's you gut feeling on how it's going to pan out in terms of snow conditions on and off piste and just above resort level?
snow report
VoodooBob, looking at the forecast, the good news is they will be able to make lots of snow and the snowmaking in Verbier is extensive now, you will also want to make sure that your edges are very sharp though!
ski holidays
Quiet today, pretty much everyone was in a class of some sort. Bit disappointing that the Blunt wasn't running, as it's a pain to use the funispace all the time. Light got very flat in the afternoon =drinks on the terrace.
snow conditions
I was in Verbier as well today wink Conditions on piste range from okay to nice. This excludes the run between ruinettes and medran which has quite a lot of stones at the surface. A lot of people download there instead of using the piste. Yesterday the weather was great with a strong sun until 4.15. Unfortunately as above, today the sun was mostly covered by the clouds, save for half an hour or so around noon. Lovely long weekend though!
snow conditions
Thanks Steve, appreciate the feedback. Will be hiring a decent board when I'm there and will request sharp edges, cheers.
ski holidays
Skied Les Collons / Piste de L'Ours Etherolla this weekend. They have done a great job with the snowmaking so pistes are limited but ok for now. Praying for snow to transform the slopes and the surrounds for Xmas. Sharp edges advisable
latest report
Pistes in reasonable condition round Les Collons etc. On Saturday, skied off Greppon and then toured up towards Dixence - was 10cm of fresh powder and had fresh tracks. Could be a lot worse. However far more snow on south side of main Alpine ridge..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy