Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting between Les Arcs villages

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

There are a group of us staying in les Arcs 2000, I was just wondering how easy it is to get between 1600, 1800 1950 and 2000 at night if we want to go out somewhere for a few drinks?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You will need the Navette to get to Arc1600 and a second one to get to 1800. It will take a surprisingly long time and they stop IIRC about 20:00 to 21:00. Getting down to Bourg is probably as quick as getting to 1800. IMHO it is not a realistic prospect, but handy if you ski down to either 1800 or 1600 before returning to 2000 after a little apres ski or miss the last lift.

1950 is, of course, much closer and the lift between the 2 runs until about midnight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's a link to all of the timetables for last season http://en.lesarcs.com/getting-around-les-arcs . According to those it takes 20 minutes from Arc 2000 to Arc 1600 and 25 minutes from Arc 1600 to Arc 1800, so 45 minutes for the complete journey from Arc 2000 to Arc 1800 (as you have to go 2000 -> 1600 -> 1800). I hope this makes sense
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's great thanks, what is my best bet then if we want to go out after dinner from 2000 ? or am I just wasting my time thinking about it and resign myself to evenings in the chalet?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I worked out that without using our car our only realistic options from 2000 are 1950 (relatively simple as the link lift runs till very late and I`m also told its possible to walk it but I don`t think I`d want to) or down to BSM and a taxi back to Arc 2000. However between 2000 and 1950 there appears to be a fair few options for dining or drinking!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I worked out that without using our car our only realistic options from 2000 are 1950 (relatively simple as the link lift runs till very late and I`m also told its possible to walk it but I don`t think I`d want to) or down to BSM and a taxi back to Arc 2000. However between 2000 and 1950 there appears to be a fair few options for dining or drinking!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oldelblerto, There are good bars in 2000; you do not need to stay in the chalet or travel to the other villages for a good night out.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oldelblerto, It's been a very good night if you end up in peisey-vallandry wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oldelblerto wrote:
That's great thanks, what is my best bet then if we want to go out after dinner from 2000 ? or am I just wasting my time thinking about it and resign myself to evenings in the chalet?

Exactly, in the middle of winter think ice station zebra. 1950 with the free gondola that runs to about 10 or 11 is an option. However can I point out that with the price of a pint in 1950 and 2000, in chalet drinking is definitely the chipper option. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are some good bars in 2000. Whistlers is your best bet for the end of the day and things get busy again from about 22.00. If you're still going, Latino's stays open until 05.00. George's wine bar in 1950 is good and the bowling alley is good and shows sports on the big screen. There are plenty of others too and you won't need to bother with 1600 or 1800. Most seasonnaires live in 2000, so it gets pretty busy when they finish work. Bar crawl on Monday is a good way to find your way around
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pablito, How can anyone afford to go on the p*ss till 5am in Arc 2000 Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy