Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski vacation questionnaire

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I'm working on a new venture related to ski vacations and I'd appreciate If you complete the following questionnaire. I'd also appreciate if you can forward it to your associates.
Thanks in advanced,
Assaf

Ski vacation questionnaire[/url]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads

at least buildit on something like surveymonkey than asking us to view your google doc, then you might get some responses.

We tend to also call them holidays not vacations..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There appears to be some other odd assumptions, like we use hotels rather than apartments or chalets, and that we go on holiday (only americans go on vacation) with either friends family or spouse and not all of them.

Sorry but you should have piloted the questionnaire before publishing it. The responses will be useless.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnE, I agree. I couldn't answer some of the questions so didn't bother
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE, I agree. I couldn't answer some of the questions so didn't bother
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yes, I agree too. For example, my last "vacation", at Easter this year, included friends AND family. And I never stay in hotels. Try again and if you produce a coherent questionnaire, not too long, I expect a fair number of people would complete it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The use of the word vacation - c'mon folks, give him a break! - is the least of the problems.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, agreed. He's hardly likely to draw up a separate questionnaire just for the Brits....a coherent one would have been nice
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:
welcome to snowheads

at least buildit on something like surveymonkey than asking us to view your google doc, then you might get some responses.

We tend to also call them holidays not vacations..

Why do you prefer something like surveymonkey than google docs?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Some of them very useful.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nothing specifically wrong with google docs forms imho (although I've not looked at this one). Submit the form and it all appears directly in a google docs spreadsheet. Pretty handy for subsequent processing imho (although I've never used any of the survey websites either, so don't know what format they present submitted data). Use it myself from time to time, but not for surveys.

Vacation vs Holiday is hardly the end of the world.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Attempted to complete it but not sure it was submitted - Google gave me most of the buttons in Arabic !!! Sometimes you can be too clever.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Easy to complete but needs more "Other" plus a comments section. Skiers based near resorts will have a different set of requirements to those who maybe only travel once a year.

It would be nice to see the spelling mistakes checked as well as the word vacation removed! Everyone has holidays and understand the same thing regardless of which side of the Pond you are based!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Everyone has holidays and understand the same thing regardless of which side of the Pond you are based!

Here holidays strictly means stat holidays and celebratory days
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
orica, Welcome to SH! Ive completed the questionnaire for you.

I selected family + friends + spouse options and the questionnaire accepted multiple answers.

Which was my favourite app or website to help me book my holiday? Snowheads of course!

snowHead
ski holidays
Completed.

Since I speak English, I understood the term "ski vacation", though I'd normally call it a "ski trip" Cool
snow report
works for me - good work orica in updating, in response to the comments. ( Oh and welcome to snowHead )
latest report
Arctic Roll, thanks for pointing out that the form gad been updated. I still can't complete it. I typically ski in more than one country and I go to both the same resorts and try different ones in the same season and year in year. Eg this coming season I am going to Val d'Isere (new) Flachau (twice, repeat if orevious years) and Sun Peaks (new). The mix of countries is typical. I also can't say when I typically book. I booked Flachau months ago, sun peaks last week and Val isn't booked yet. I'm probably not his target audience
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, yeah but you're special. Razz
ski holidays
Oh dear - got right to the last question, with only a slight amount of jiggery-pokery, but can't answer the last question (when do you typically book). There are lots of months in which I "typically book". No single month stands out as more likely than all the others. That's a required question, so I ditched it.
snow report
I've completed the questionnaire but as pam w says:
pam w wrote:
There are lots of months in which I "typically book". No single month stands out as more likely than all the others.

So I just put down August as I did arrange one of my trips last month (and the snowHeads Birthday Bash this month). Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, I'd already "cheated" on questions which I couldn't answer properly so in the end it just seemed pointless.
snow report
Do you think that survey site is called "survey monkey" on the basis that if you get enough monkeys to fill in enough surveys, you'll get the data you are looking for?
snow conditions
I had to cheat on almost every question to get it to make some sort of sense. Makes me realise how hard it must be to compile a meaningful survey.

Interestingly I kept getting offered the choice of Sonstiges. No idea what that's all about, but now suspect that it may be because I am currently in Germany. Still, it seems a strange way of spelling sausages.
snow conditions
Quote:

Makes me realise how hard it must be to compile a meaningful survey.

it is hard - survey design is a whole subject in itself and they ALWAYS need piloting, even after skilled design. The key thing, of course, is to have a clear idea of what you are actually trying to find out and most of the surveys which we get on snowheads give the distinct impression of having no very clear purpose other than for their authors to tick some box on their degree programme. wink
snow conditions
pam w, agreed. This survey failed to identify which country respondents were from, and as we know the skiing/holiday culture is radically different depending upon where you live. Hard to see how the OP will get any meaningful data from this survey.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
orica, Welcome to SH! Ive completed the questionnaire for you.

I selected family + friends + spouse options and the questionnaire accepted multiple answers.

Which was my favourite app or website to help me book my holiday? Snowheads of course!

snowHead

Tnx
ski holidays
Thanks to everyone who completed or tried to completed the questionnaire.
Thanks also to all those who commented about the questionnaire.
Who has not yet had time, you can still complete it.

Orica
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
orica, done, after a fashion.
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
orica, done, after a fashion.
Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report