Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strictly Come Ski Jumping comes to CH4

Poster: A snowHead
Channel 4 will be leading into the winter olympics and paraolympics with 10 nights of celebs competing in a varity of winter sports disciplines.

Quote:
Coming live from a mountainside in Europe twelve well-known faces will confront their fears and each other to compete each night in a series of extreme open air alpine challenges. Competing contestants will be trained by expert coaches and Olympians in some of the most terrifying winter sports including skiing, luge, skeleton, slalom and ski jumping.

Full CH4 press blart here
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bets on now - Tuffers or Bez?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Coming live from a mountainside in Europe
That means they don't know where yet because they are still trying to negotiate the deal. 600 minutes of broadcast on C4 for some resort will be valuable coverage (unless snow is patchy and weather crap of course) so which resort is going to be mad enough to shell out, put them all up, entertain them etc? I do hope it's Borovets.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"We're pleased to report that Sue Pollard is in a stable condition after her attempt at the ski jump; now over to the luge where Krishnan Guru-Murthy is wearing a lurex onsie"
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:
Coming live from a mountainside in Europe
That means they don't know where yet because they are still trying to negotiate the deal. 600 minutes of broadcast on C4 for some resort will be valuable coverage (unless snow is patchy and weather crap of course) so which resort is going to be mad enough to shell out, put them all up, entertain them etc? I do hope it's Borovets.

ha ha some hope!! Cool they cant sort out clearing the paths let alone fork out for a tv crew, even if it gave them massive free exposure!!!!! (though for massive free exposure the 'men only bars' may be interested Razz )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iskar, It won't be free that's for sure. The prog will go to whoever stumps up the most cash and freebies.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't really imagine Brucie flying through the air - chin out!!! NehNeh
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the same subject - if you ever get the chance to see the Undercover Boss USA episode featuring Andy Wirth at Squaw Valley enjoy the almost hysterically transparent primetime advertising messages in the bought and paid for show.

"Here I am with Ski Patrol - what an awesome job these guys do keeping the mountain safe for all our guests & look at our awesome terrain"

"Here I am with lift ops - look how much investment we make in state of the art lifts"

"Here I am with Terrain Park crew at Alpine. Yes we bought Alpine - it's an awesome mountain and the park is awesome for those of you with young park monkeys and $$$$s"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really? OK who shall we have: Frank Skinner? Gaby Roslin?Clare Balding, they all ought to be up for it... & Ben Fogle (obviously) but what about some slightly more unlikely ones...Miranda Hart, David Mitchell? A couple of unknown perma tanned celebridee babes from Essex as eye candy for the blokes... and someone tall dark and handsome for us ladies to drool over...any volunteer snowHead snowHead ?? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, Laughing was funny when the lifty saw through the cheap disguise.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Simon94, I've heard rumours that Brucie's chin will make an appearance as the jump in the final.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon94, I've heard rumours that Brucie's chin will make an appearance as the jump in the final.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm kind of looking forward to this - at last a reality type that hopefully will be interesting to watch giving insights into a variety of winter sports. If they really are going for the full on "extreme open air alpine challenges", their insurance must be through the roof (people seemed to break something regularly doing "Dancing on Ice" - the only other reality programme I watch on & off).

Who knows it might even do for raising winter sports profile what TOWIE did for fake tan and everything else considered "glam" by their demographic wink !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
schneeflocke, Yeah no chance - it will hype up something like doing a luge run from 3/4 of the way down as the most dangerous thing ever attempted and 90 minutes of build up and training tears/tantrums for 30 secs of action.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I reckon Davina Mcall would be ideal for this Toofy Grin wink
latest report
boredsurfin, Toofy Grin I agree.
ski holidays
Is Skiing really a terrifying winter sport, I always thought of it as fun. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong...
snow conditions
Quote:

I reckon Davina Mcall would be ideal for this

indeed. Even better if they'd thought about this before Torina 2006.
latest report
Bearing in mind what type of celeb will probably be on this show, I would love to be able to invent some of the games. If I could choose the contestants even better.

I'd like to see Ant and Dec and jedward have a three legged race on skis down the Hahnenkamm.

Also watching Jordan and Micheal McIntyre playing Russian roulette would be a good filler between races and could produce a stunning visual of red on white if they used the right gun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy