Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Ski Holidays...

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going 3 ski holidays this year:

Val Thorens at the beginning of January, Les Deux Alpes at the end of January and Bansko in March!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweet. Have fun
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jb1970, Only 3 Shocked whats wrong with February Puzzled I guess the money was getting short for March wink
Enjoy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lechbob wrote:
jb1970, Only 3 Shocked whats wrong with February Puzzled I guess the money was getting short for March wink
Enjoy.

The money's short already - I don't know how the f*** I'm going to pay for all this!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just factor in the lottery win. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Whats wrong with February
I take it (from your location) jb1970 that February - plus all other winter and spring months - will be filled with trips to Glencoe, Nevis Range etc etc wink. And if not, why not??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm having 2, both full weeks to Ski Amade. First week in Feb and last week in March. I would never be able to have 3 sadly.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
I'm having 2, both full weeks to Ski Amade. First week in Feb and last week in March. I would never be able to have 3 sadly.

I can't really afford 3 either but I look at Bansko in Bulgaria as still a ski holiday but a less expensive one; so 2½ really!

lol
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just taken the first of my three weeks' annual leave to work on a freelance job to allow me to have an extra ski holiday... wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, why do you only hava three weeks leave?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells, 3 weeks and 8 days, but the 8 days can only be take in maximum multiples of 3.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
28 days is the law. This can include the bank holidays.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
strange combination.

move to Germany Wink Get 6 weeks Cool and Austria is closer snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3 weeks for me. 3 valleys in Jan and Feb and maybe Andorra for March
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm down for five weeks this year if everything goes to plan snowHead Three of those are pretty sorted, one in Val Thorens in December with the Uni ski club, then two weeks in the Dolomites on the PreBBWuW and the SBB10 respectively. #SoMuchSaving
snow report
Pencilled in 2 weeks. Just sorting them now. Theroetically I could squeeze in a Winterval/NewYr bash too, at no further annual leave expense.
Pencilled in 1 weekend in Jan too, and really ought to pencil in another weekend or three, maybe in Feb/March.
Saved a week for Dec next year.

Leaves exactly the right number of days for MTBing etc.
snow conditions
blahblahblah, ours works out as 23 days plus the 8 bank holidays so it's more than the minimum, but with the stipulation of 3 weeks and 8 days. It's simply because there are not enough weeks in the year for everyone in each team to be able to have 4 weeks off.

Much worse where my brother works. He basically has to take 2 weeks off at Christmas/New Year and 2 weeks off during August for factory shut down. He can't go on holiday then because it's school holidays and everywhere is hideously expensive and packed with families. He is allowed a further 3 days per year 'special leave' plus bank holidays so if he ever goes away a long weekend is all he can do.
snow conditions
I get 33 days a year plus 8 public holidays!
ski holidays
Most of Germany is 30 days, plus 10 public holidays, plus 2-4 extra days off for some people if the holidays is a Tuesday or Thursday (big places close down for 4 day weekend), minus 0-2 days in an unfortunate year if 1st May or 3rd Oct fall on a weekend (holidays don't move to the nearest Monday).
latest report
I've only got 2 ski holidays this winter Sad

One of 3 weeks and another of 4 weeks Toofy Grin
snow report
Doesn't anyone take a sicky ? I guess it's hard afterwards to explain away panda eyes or a broken limb.
ski holidays
Lechbob wrote:
Doesn't anyone take a sicky ? I guess it's hard afterwards to explain away panda eyes or a broken limb.

Living in the shadow of the Alps it's very tempting to take a sickie, as I look out of the window on a beautiful weekday morning, knowing the perfect conditions that await on the slopes. However as you say the risk of showing obvious signs of a day's skiing means I always chicken out. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy