Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

30 year old solo female skier looking for group / buddy

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to either join a group if anyone has a spare place or another female in a similar situation for the upcoming season. I ski at early intermediate level (comfortable on blues, can do some reds) and have no restrictions on dates, resort etc.

I've been looking at the upcoming dates for the Warren Smith 5-day academy in Verbier, which would be good to team up with someone for if anyone's also interested?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I'm a 28 year old female also looking to either join a group or find a ski buddy. I'm exactly the same level as you- fine on blues, can do reds if I have to but a bit wobbly on them.

Just looked at the Warren Smith course but I think it looks a bit too serious for me. I wouldn't mind getting a few lessons in resort but I like having time to just hit the slopes and learn as I go.

I went to Soll in Austria a couple of years ago with someone I teamed up with through a forum and it was great (all blues and easy reds as well as the village being really nice) so I'd love to go back there, open to other resorts too though! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Laurs234,

Thanks for your reply. It's great that you're at my level, no worries about not fancying the WS course. At this stage, why don't we wait a week or so to see if there are any other replies - we may be able to join a larger group or find a couple more people.

Here's a little bit more about me: I live in Bristol and work in Finance. I'm more into resorts that are easy on the eye in addition to having great slopes, nightlife etc. so if I had to pick, I'd prefer places like: Kitzbuhel, Lech, Les Gets, Cortina, Sella Ronda (Corvara or San Cassiano), Saas Fee, Wengen & Zermatt. But if I'm joining a group, than I'd be pretty easy as to where I go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
musywhite, Laurs234, Have a look at http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays/dolomites.html if you're interested in some skills development in a lovely setting - with a good balance between instruction and freekiing time. the coaches are excellent and are very good at developing your skiing skills. Most others coming will be travelling independently, and the hotel has 2 big tables so everyone gets to know everyone else quickly over breakfast and dinner. The dolomites are simply stunning, and the hotel (whilst not the most polished) has a perfect location, about 100m uphill from the main bubble - totally ski-in/out

Oh and it looks like this.

If you're looking just for a trip, with less instructional focus - then the Snowheads Birthday Bash is also great - S10BB :: snowHeads 10th Birthday Bash, 1st ~ 8th Feb - Arabba - lots of people travelling independently at lots of different skiing levels. Meet up outside the hotel after brekkie, form a group, make a plan and it's a short walk to the lifts, return is almost (ski-in)

have a read of the general guide to snowheads bashes here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49389 to get a flavour for what they are...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett - Thanks for the ideas - this is actually the place I had in mind in SC and the course itself sounds great. The B'day bash also sounds pretty good - I know Arabba

Laurs234 - Let me know what you think. Although these can be done alone, it's always nice to know who you're sharing with.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
musywhite, Laurs234,

bertie bassett wrote:
musywhite, Laurs234, Have a look at http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays/dolomites.html if you're interested in some skills development in a lovely setting - with a good balance between instruction and freekiing time.

I agree that this sounds ideal for you...... not sure that you'd need to spend much time 'freaking' though wink Toofy Grin
Also agree about the S10BB. I've been on the S9BB and an I.O. trip as a solo traveller and had a really great time snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for the Dolomites and S10BB.

The Dolomites is a beautiful place, very scenic and easy going.. if your looking for long blue's and easy reds, then it doesn't get much better Smile The only thing I will add, the Birthday Bashes are more about having fun and relaxing, so there are no organised lessons - saying that, I learn more from skiing with other Snowheads than I have from any lesson, as we tend to ski in groups of mixed levels and you'll be amazed at what you pickup from the more experienced skiers. If you are more interested lessons, then yes there is the insideoutskiing.com, or maybe consider the Pre-season Bash or End of Season Bash as there have fully qualified instructors who come on these and run lessons for everything you can want.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Ladies
Singlesport has 2 trips to Courchevel Jan 18 & March 15 which both include free lessons with skivo2 a first class British ski school. We normally have between 50& 80 on each trip & so you are guaranteed good company with plenty of guests who ski exactly the way you like to. Please contact me for more information. BW Ruth
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just seen all these replies, I must have forgotten to tick the 'show me when someone replies' box!! The Dolomites or one of the bashes both sound good. Is there any info anywhere on the bashes for the 2013/14 season yet?

By the way just a bit about me- I'm 28, work in marketing, live in Worcester with my boyfriend who will never ski again after I pushed him into it a couple of years ago and he snapped his cruciate ligament and ended up being rescued and carted off in an ambulance!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laurs234, The Birthday Bash is open here: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=99578
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laurs234 - I've just sent you a PM.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laurs234 wrote:
Is there any info anywhere on the bashes for the 2013/14 season yet?
The top post on this topic is kept up to date regarding bashes that are Possible/Probable/Definite/Open/Full

The only one open for sign up so far is the S10BB which is filling up rather quickly but there will be one or two more open any day now.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musywhite,
hiya
myself and 3 others (its a mixed group - most of us in our 40s)are looking to book a chalet in St Anton, Austria on Jan 12th for a week.We are an intermediate/advanced group. get in touch if you are interested to hear more, Its coming in at around £759 inc flights. we're an easy going group!
cheers
Annie
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello,

I also maybe interested in joining a group for skiing, I'm 35 female from Worcester. Intermediate skier, would love to go to Italy this year, but am fairly flexible Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
musywhite, Laurs234, Warren Smith is a good idea. Even if you were on your own it wouldn't be a problem as there are lots of like minded doing the same. As for the level, it is learning not just fun so expect to work a bit, but because of the numbers he gets there is always a group of similar standard to go into.
snow report
I can recommend the Snowhead Bashes, I have been on the EoSB, SHBB9 and the Pre season and have booked flights for this year although the buttons are not up yet. The pre and End of season are really good value for money with excellent lessons and guides available, however as its start and end of season you take your chances with conditions but the ones I have been on have been blessed with sooo much snow. The birthday bash is a bit more expensive but then it is mid season.
snow report
i used to live in worcester....i miss getting drunk in the marrs bar until the small hours Sad
snow conditions
I'm looking for a few women for my womens' ski houses in Utah & Colorado

Regards,
Julia
snow conditions
speachmaus, +1
And as I have posted before, be prepared, going on a 'tentative' sH bash is addictive. Before long you find you are committed and need to get your 'fix' by signing up to many more!

Like others, I am clearly in such a position and trying to get on near all of this years trips!

Do yourselves a big favour and click some buttons now, it really is worth it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Oh and I meant to say, if you want a taster of what the bashes are about, some of the people etc, then you could do worse than popping along to this http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102177

Bit short notice but hey ho!
snow report
musywhite, Hi, we are a group of 35-55 yr old males and females with 6 rooms booked in a chalet hotel in Tignes from 2nd - 9th Feb. We have 10 ppl confirmed but can accommodate up to 15 (or book additional rooms if needed). Final price will depend on the room types we go with subject to the size of the group but roughly looking at £629 half board to include 6 day full Espace Killy lift pass. 12 ppl or more we get a 10% discount. Book own flights to Geneva, transfers £32 each way.
snow report
dee3879, Laurs234, musywhite,

You could join our group in soll, Austria 11-18th Jan.
Here is our thead for it.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=103089

Any questions at all, go ahead and ask.
We are open to all, since that is how our group first met last year on snowheads.
latest report
We're a group of 11, 28-30 year olds who've got a chalet 23rd Feb - 2nd Mar in Lech.

Chalet is for 14 and we have some flip-flopping commitment-phobe friends so spaces available! Currently 6 guys, 5 girls - range of abilities from 1 first timer up to 4 who've done seasons (one of whom is a level 2 Basi badger).

Full board, flights, transfers etc. Free ski carriage. Just lift pass to pay - £650.

Let me know if you want more details.
Alex
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy