Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crans Montana ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody got any views / opinions on Crans Montana as a resort? I have never skied Switzerland so am looking for some advice - initial views look good but can't say I've heard much about the resort before. Do any Snowheads have any experience of a ski holiday there ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
damobloke1, if he doesn't appear on the thread, PM valais2 - he has a place there and is a mine of information about it. I spent many (mostly summer) weeks of my childhood there, but haven't been back since. I'd love to go back one day. It's a very sunny place. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I learnt to ski there and holidayed there frequently. Great skiing when snow conditions are good. Stunning views, some of the best in the alps, and good mountain restaurants. Plenty of good off piste if you know where to go, but it's not a freeriders sort of resort, which can be good news as it doesn't get tracked too quickly.

I found it frustrating in the spring when they had to shut the links across to Aminona because of avalanche risk that it limited you to the Montana/Crans sectors which could be a bit limiting.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica, Steve Sparks, thanks - will hunt down valais2 !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've spent a couple weeks skiing there the past few years and I visited it in summer 2 weeks ago as well. It's not a cheap skiing area but that is one of the only major drawbacks for me personally. The majority of the pistes are nice, long reds, some parts of them in between the trees. The Plaine Morte piste is just brilliant! The views over the Rhone Valley are indeed very nice. During our stays the link to Aminona has been closed once I think, but that was a very early season weekend with lots of snowfall. Pluses are definitely its height, the (big) chalet village feeling, the amount of sun, the Chetzeron terrace on the mountain and the good accessibility.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is OK. View is stunning but snow is less assure relative to the rest of Switzerland. It does have one peak just below 3000m at Plaine Morte but the rest of the peaks are around 2500m. In the few trips I have been the bottom section did not have good/enough snow. It is in Valais Valley where one can also find Verbier (via Nedaz), Zermatt and Saas Fee.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy