Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

l'Espace Lumiere - southern French Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Snow down to 1400m yesterday evening/overnight. Mostly melted below 1700m by lunchtime today but looks good higher up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
25 Nov - light snow down to 1400m this morning.

The snow from almost 2 weeks ago is holding up well from 1900m and the cannons have been on for up to 18 hours a day for the last week so looking good for pre-Christmas skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
29 Nov - constant snow since about 1PM down to 1400m (which is as low as I can see). It's now 7PM and the snow shows no sign of letting up. Looks good for planned opening this weekend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The heavens have opened here in Nice for the last 2 hours. Loads of hailstones at about 50m so I can only imagine that the mountains are getting a good dump. Sweet.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ben wright, Did you make any improvements from the snowHead 's suggestions in this thread?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ben wright, oooh wish I read the bit about a "massage", then I wouldn't have booked to take the wife along as well Razz Razz Razz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 Dec - with perfect timing, I chose this weekend to come back to the UK for a quick visit. From the webcams, it looks like there's plenty of snow falling (what there was when I left yesterday morning would have been enough for all but one of the runs to open) and that the lifts will be open from tomorrow.

I can't remember what all the suggestions were but most of the sensible ones have been implemented. The one that I really wanted to do but haven't been able to is offer a laptop with internet connection as broadband still hasn't arrived (1 year after it was due and endless promises of "within a few weeks" later). The extreme anti-slipper reaction meant that idea was dropped!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stopped at Marks&Spencer on the way to work today....to buy a pair of slippers that I can leave at our shack in Switzerland (off to Heathrow in a couple of hours for a weekend!).
I make NO apologies for my slippers!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, but there are slippers

and there are slippers ...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ben wright, Where do you find the webcams? I haven't been able to find any links or cameras that are working yet Crying or Very sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RachelQ, Rabbit Slippers Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, I was thinking of you when I saw them Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wot no slippers, ben wright, I'am not coming to your chalet, no siree
OR I might come and walk around in my snow covered boots inside the chalet just to make you think again wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
17 Jan 06: It's been snowing for the past 27 hours.

35cm+ at 1500m, not the best day for our delivery of wood to arrive! Plenty of avalanche blasting going on.

Hardly anyone in the resort so once it stops snowing and the sun comes out conditions will be perfect whether you have slippers or not.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ben wright, Just you hang onto all that snow until we get there - then the sun can come out! snowHead
latest report
27 Jan 06: about 15cm yesterday afternoon/evening at 1500m. Stopped snowing overnight but restarted this morning.
snow conditions
Just had a "powder alarm" email through, claiming 40cms of fresh powder over the other side of the mountain in Pra-Loup. Sounds good!
ski holidays
Just heard from the director of the local ESF that it took him 4 hours (instead of the usual 2) to drive up from Nice yesterday evening/this morning (didn't catch which day he was on about) as there was a lot of snow down towards the coast which no-one knew how to deal with. Should make my trip to the airport tomorrow a bit of fun!
ski holidays
08 Feb - Seignus: pistes in very good condition, the big snow fall of about 10 days ago is holding up well. Nearly everything open (a couple of runs closed due to lift company laziness/holding them back for the local school holidays which start next week).

La Foux (went there yesterday): pistes in good condition but a bit chopped up by early afternoon due to the larger number of people over there. Almost all the lifts open including a couple that didn't open at all last season. Didn't make it over to Pra Loup so not sure of conditions there but expect they're similar to La Foux.

Longest lift queue less than 2 minutes.
latest report
ben wright, Excellent news - is there any snow forecast soon? snowHead snowHead
snow report
16 Feb - Le Seignus: snowing from c. 2AM until midday above 1600m. Frequent changes between snow/sleet/rain below 1600m. Clearing up a bit at the moment (1PM) so should be excellent skiing this afternoon.
ski holidays
ben , Forecast over the next few days is for quite a bit of snow - at least round to next Wednesday. Just in time ! snowHead snowHead snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Tony - all the forecasts I've seen predict pretty regular snow for the next 10 days - obviously anything more than a few days away is not going to be spot-on but the trend is encouraging. The pistes here had been in very good condition anyway. I was up at La Foux yesterday and they needed more snow which, someone who was up there today, says they've just got plenty of.
snow conditions
19 Feb - Le Seignus: a healthy dusting on Friday (8cm) and Saturday (5cm). Constant snow since 9AM this morning, 25cm plus in the village with heavier snow forecast for this evening/tonight. What's already fallen will be enough to last us for the next month (as long as there's no heat-wave) as the pistes were in very good condition anyway. Hope to get out skiing as soon as the weather clears.
snow report
26 Feb - Le Seignus: excellent conditions today. Half the number of skiers that there were yesterday (local school holidays end today so most people left on Saturday evening, praise the Lord). By this evening the car parks were almost empty so from tomorrow the slopes will be practically deserted.
snow report
ben wright, any avalanches on the Allos side of the hill last week, or was it just around Pra-Loup?
snow conditions
PG - there was a big avalanche in the Pouret sector (between Agneliers and Pra Loup) last Wednesday. We flew over it in a helicopter (they were running tourist flights and we couldn't resist) on Thursday and it was at about a kilometre long and 100m wide in places. That whole area has been closed all season - the chair up that valley was running once but the piste below it was closed (taking the chair just allowed us to ski down into La Foux from a different direction).

28 Feb - Le Seignus: perfect conditions. 5C at midday, all slopes groomed overnight (bizarrely, as they don't bother to do them all every night during the holidays), clear skies and hardly anyone around. Off to La Foux tomorrow so will post an update.
ski holidays
1 Mar - La Foux: excellent conditions and hardly anyone around. Very cold so some of the long chairs were unpleasant but the sun was out which helped. Finally, the black from the observatory was open (for the first time this season) but I didn't get a chance to ski it.

A bit of snow in Le Seignus today (2 Mar) which is now (11PM) starting to settle. The wind has dropped so hopefully there'll be a reasonable top-up tonight.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ben

Any update on the conditions? I'm coming up for the weekend. It looks like the wind is going to be high. What's it like there when the wind is up?

BTW Any recommendations on accom? I think the place will be very full so it could be a battle....

Diarmuid
snow report
3 Mar - Le Seignus: 25cm of powder overnight. None of the pistes had been groomed so plenty of fresh snow to play in. Visibility a bit tricky until 10AM when it stopped snowing and brightened up. Upper slopes closed for avalanche blasting.

Diarmud - there's more snow forecast for the weekend (the majority on Saturday night) so the upper slopes might stay closed because of the risk of avalanches. The wind's not too much of a problem in Le Seignus - it's worse up at La Foux although the only lift I've ever seen closed due to high winds is the gondola to the observatory, the chairs stay open but can be very cold. The wind today is negligible - the forecast was for 45kph but it's nothing like that.

The snow will get people out but you should be able to get a room at Franz or the Ours Blanc - I think most of the visitors will be day-trippers. We've got a full house starting on Saturday otherwise you could have stayed here!
snow conditions
Thanks for that Ben, I'll try and get up to your place for some weekend before the end of the season...

BTW I've never been to Le Seignus. I guess you would recommend it. We could go there tomorrow and La Foux on Sunday. What's the skiing like? It looks like there's some nice off piste potential. According to the website only one piste/lift closed today? Sounds optimistic from what you are saying...
snow conditions
5 Mar - Le Seignus: plenty of snow over the last couple of nights - 25cm on Friday night and about 15cm Saturday night (at 1500m). I am starting to get a bit bored with digging our path out - the snow on either side is now above head height in places.

Very good conditions this morning - almost clear sky and plenty of fresh snow. All lifts running by late morning but plenty of avalanche blasting still going on. Off-piste definitely not recommended at the moment - high avalanche risk - near piste should be OK and plenty of the pistes hadn't been bashed so lots of scope for deep snow skiing this morning.

Unless there's a serious heat-wave, the snow will easily last until the end of the season.
latest report
Hi

Just back from Val d'Allos. Great weekend. Spent both days in La Foux. Went up to 1500 Le Seignus at 9am this morning but was told that only the lower runs were open. So went back to La Foux. Would have liked to spent the day there but couldn't take the chance that they wouldn't open up more of the mountain. (looks like they did) La Foux was good if a bit limited by all the closed pistes due to avalanche risk. Still plenty of powder to be had both days. Sunday got very warm !! The snow was very wet by 2pm. We built a kicker in the off piste andI'm telling you I noticed the sun walking up and down in the powder

Great weekend. Would love to be there on Tuesday/Wednesday when they get the rest of the mountain open
snow conditions
6 Mar - Le Seignus: A fantastic day. All lifts/runs open, most bashed but two or three left un-pisted for those that like that sort of thing. Non-stop sunshine and no more than 100 people in the resort. Max temperature (at village level) 4C. If only I didn't have to stop at 12.30 to clean the chalet/bake the cake for afternoon tea.

Following on from Diarmuid's post - the upper slopes at Seignus opened around 10.30 on Sunday - only 1 of then had been bashed so plenty of fun to be had in shin-deep powder.

Off to La Foux (and hopefully Pra Loup, I'm told the link was still closed today because of avalanche risk) tomorrow so will update then.
latest report
ben wright, I'd like to see you bake a cake! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Tony - I have twice baked the cake (in almost 3 seasons). Admittedly, under supervision. If Catherine would ever get round to writing the recipes down I might* do it more often.

*nb it is very unlikely that I would

7 Mar - La Foux: excellent snow conditions but the link to Pra Loup was shut due to avalanche risk. Ferociously strong winds at the top of the observatory run - visibility about 3m and we were blasted by blown snow. Once we got off the track on the ridge there was no wind and the snow was perfect. Wind dropped later but I twanged my groin doing the splits over a mogul - something you won't see at the Olympics. I'll have to stay off the skis for a few days which is more painful than the injury.
snow report
10 Mar - Le Seignus: a touch of snow overnight in the village, about 5cm higher up. Fairly strong winds so top slopes a bit unpleasant with the fresh snow being blown around. Snowing for most of this morning and still falling. Pistes solid with a dusting of new snow so good skiing but not up to the excellent standards of the last few weeks.
latest report
15 Mar - Le Seignus: excellent conditions. Warmer over the past couple of days and non-stop sunshine. Laughably few people around.
ski holidays
21 Mar - Le Seignus: it feels like April's arrived early, we've been stuck inside a cloud for the past 3 days. A mix of snow/sleet/rain at 1500m the past 3 nights, snow above about 1700m. Snowing properly at 1500m for the last 6 or 7 hours. Where's the sun?
snow report
Quote:

Where's the sun?

Where's the slippers wink Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy