Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peaceful resort where we can relax with a 9month old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

It's been a while since I've been here. I try to avoid the site as I get too worked up and want to go play in the white stuff. I've now got a bit desperate and NEED a trip. Problem is that we also have a little one to consider. We're not looking for childcare as my wife doesn't ski. But what I am looking for is a place that isn't a "party" venue that is ok with a 9 month old. Maybe something like a little peaceful village/resort with nice restaurants, possible activities that we can all do...... that just happens to have some nice slopes for me to play on during the morning.

So, any advice to a place that offers that?

Thanks
Alan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlanB1976, loads of resorts answer that description - when are you thinking of going, and what sort of accommodation are you looking for? And budget? There have been some reviews of very pleasant family hotels with pools, spas, etc in Austria.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This will sound a bit retarded but I'm hoping for a place that will handle toddlers but not be a "family" focused resort. The thought of being around a hundred crying children does not sound like a holiday to me Razz. Yes, I want my cake and eat it too
Ideally, half board accommodation. Austria sounds great, love the place. Budget will be determined when I approach the missus with this idea. It will be mid-range. Not much info, I know, sorry. This was just my first look to see what is out there.
Thanks
Alan
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe have a look at Zermatt? The hotels in general are great, many have spas / swimming pools and it is big enough to wonder around and the views are beautiful. There are also a couple of trains rather than gondolas that your wife could take and meet you for lunch. The resort is also car-free (apart from the electric hotel taxis).

For the same reason Chamonix could work as well (I just prefer Zermatt). I don't know Austria well enough to recommend anywhere but I'm sure someone will be able to... You should check out some Italian resorts as well. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlanB1976, Monetier-les-Bains may be a good choice then., nice unspoilt, local kids but not totally family focused. PLeanty of skiing to keep you happy. Hotel Alliey is probably ideal if you want half-board accommodation. Short walk to slopes, but stop outside for trips along the valley, thermal spa where your missus can realx while you take your turn with the wee one, and the hotel has a spa too. My apartment is great for a couple with a small baby, but no half-board (we can arrange evening meal deliveries and a breakfast pack.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saas Fee is also a good option. Great scenery for your wife and a leisure centre, lots of walks etc. There's even a dedicated gondola for walkers and tobogans. It's less expensive and less crowded than Zermatt but with many of the qualities. Can be a bit dark in mid winter though due to the height of the surrounding ring of 4000m peaks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlanB1976, I stay in a "family focussed resort" but hardly ever see any crying children, let alone 100! I think your fears are unjustified.

From your wife's point of view, staying somewhere where there was something to do without having to go out might be a good idea. It can be hard work getting a baby all dressed up to go out and pushing buggies can be a pain if there's snow about. That's why I thought a hotel with its own in-house facilities might be good - if you fancy Austria perhaps you should start a thread asking about family-oriented hotels. You will, for example, need somewhere with cots available, high chairs in the dining room, maybe baby-listening in the evening, etc etc.
A swimming pool, perhaps, especially if it's warm.

Personally I don't like hotels and much prefer to stay in an apartment and go out to eat as the budget permits, especially so with a young child as there is much more room for them to romp around and you can "baby proof" it yourself to some extent. But that could be a bit isolating for your wife if you are out skiing every morning!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ade57, +1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies all. Gives me a good starting point Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlanB1976, take a look at some of the Kinderland hotels and see if there is anything that fits the bill - they would allow your wife to have some "me" time as well. If you are going to tempt her then presenting herwith a few places where she and the sprog can entertain themselves while waiting fro you to come back from your "hero skiing" may not have the desired effect! wink Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy