Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wrist Guards for snowboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My 12 year old, who has come skiing with us since she was 3, wants to start snowboarding. Im going to get her few dry slope lessons, then hopefully a couple of lessons at the Chill Factore before having lessons in resort.

I know wrist injuries are quite common for snowboarders and my niece went and broke hers 5 minutes into her first snowboarding holiday (she had taken lessons at Chill Factore).

Do many people wear the protectors? Are they practical?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been discussed recently here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2331329&highlight=wristguards#2331329
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beat me to it...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, not sure of logistics but is there any chance you could take her to a fridge rather than a dry slope? Learning to snowboard involves lots of heavy falls at the beginning and snow/slush would be more forgiving I would have thought that the dendex-carpet mash up.

DEFO wrist guards - you'll probably need bigger gloves than she has now to accomodate them - mittens might be a good idea if she is on the dry slope to stop and fingers getting pulled etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ansta1, cheers Very Happy

Nadenoodlee, I found the dry slope good to start on as its slower than snow, so easier to control. I thought Id start off with the dry slope, then have a few lessons in the fridge once she had got to grips with the technique?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott, YES

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love(d)* my Level gloves with wristguards.

*they're knackered now.

+1 to 'real snow' rather than dry slope. Seriously. I can hardly imagine a proper toe-edge catch wipeout onto rock-hard astroturf. Sod that.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They say that much of the UKs current crop of freestyle talent can be traced to dry-slopes, possibly because if you can learn to ride dendix, you'll lose any fear of kickers, rails and massive stairsets as falling off any can't hurt nearly as much.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
They say that much of the UKs current crop of freestyle talent can be traced to dry-slopes, possibly because if you can learn to ride dendix, you'll lose any fear of kickers, rails and massive stairsets as falling off any can't hurt nearly as much.

Is it it due to availability of fridges to those guys when they were growing up?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dennisp wrote:
Is it it due to availability of fridges to those guys when they were growing up?

Nope, most of the current crop cut their teeth on outdoor slopes. In fact most fridges can't setup big enough kickers for slopestyle, and its an issue that the next generation who only ski/ride in domes don't get enough exposure to larger features.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy