Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier snow

Poster: A snowHead
First serious snow falls of the season yesterday with coverings down to 1800 m. Above 2100m approx 40cm with more likely today.
I'm off sledging at the Col de Lautaret so an update later.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Chris, have a good sledge....looking good here at Puy St Vincent too....beautiful this morning shame the suns gone in now. Hopefully more snow to come this week...getting excited!!! Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
O.T. - first rain of the winter here today. Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big flakes are falling at the moment. The whole valley is covered this morning with snow forcast for the weekend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, snowHead snowHead hope they're still working on that apartment of mine though!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre Chevalier web site 'Latest News' page, has long shot photo of pistes with snow cover on them, which looks like it was taken before the recent snow, as the trees have no snow on them.

http://www.ot-serrechevalier.fr/en/hiver/infos_express/flash_infos.html

Must have been 'going it' with the artificial snow making, starting to look promising for Christmas!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, they've really been going for it with snow canons. At the end of last week the Prorel run was practically complete all the way to Briançon centre...it has now (Friday 25th Nov) snowed on top of that and we're scheduled for more snow tomorrow and into next week!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The forecasts good, but with the webcams out of actione, whats it like guys?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen, we had about 10cm overnight and all the slopes are covered. Good news for you is that the freezing temps. are over and you're men will be able to work in better conditions. It hasn't been above 0c for a week. Sunny now with more snow forcast friday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi chris. How're you? And Lin of course. I'm in the midst of trying to get some agreement about where to head for with a group of 12 and Les Marmottes in Chantemerle is getting the thumbs up at the moment. Looking around the last week in Feb - will keep you posted.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mark, you must be working hard as a posting from you is a rarity these days! Lin and I have been busy since July when we bought our new chalet but we have finished it now and playtime starts in 10 days! I look forward to meeting up in february.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am off to Serre Che on March 5th and will keen to know how the next few months go over there. Bad season last year I understand. Fingers crossed Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
35cm has fallen on the valley floor so far today and its snowing harder now than ever! At this rate I won't be able to get out of the house tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's mad here in the Vallouise valley too...as soon as I get to the end of the drive with shovel I have to start again at the other end. It's like painting the Forth Bridge.

PSV is supposed to open tomorrow, but I doubt they will be able to make it safe enough with this amount of snow.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pete, is PSV open all next week and how much is a 4 hour pass? I think I'll come over on monday as we're not open untill saturday.
ski holidays
Two photos of the new snow in Briancon are on my web site

www.brianconbandb.com

Select 'Ski Holidays' then 'Photo Page' (these two photo do not enlarge if you click on them unlike other photos on the site)
snow report
Chris, they've delayed opening PSV due too much snow...they want to spend this week getting a good base, which so go well give how much has fallen. It's now looking like it will open next Saturday 10th. Half day pass is 18.50€...Full day is 23.20€. I think you can ski hourly with the Tempo pass, but I'm not sure how much it is. I'm off to the UK with Bébé T for a few days so won't be around to slide unforetunately until the 19th. Have fun and See you later!!! Bonne Glisse!!
ski holidays
What's open SC at the moment then??
ski holidays
Gregh, the only thing open is The Grotte Yeti and the Extreme Bar! Seems silly in that we've had more snow already than all of last season. It all kicks off next saturday.
Chris, that photo needs updating as there has been another 60cms overnight and its snowing again now.
Pete, enjoy England. Lin is there and can't wait to get back on wedensday to see the snow.
snow report
I've put 3 pictures of my house in the snow on mediazone. Search under Serre Chevalier and see if you can work out what cars are in the garden.
ski holidays
hmmm can't find them, you sure they uploaded ok?

Enjoy the snow - VERY jealous!!!
snow conditions
skinutter, look under recent photos
snow report
chris, great pics I really wanna be there !!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
sorry hadn't logged in - fantastic shots!
snow conditions
Quote:

see if you can work out what cars are in the garden.

Look like Leyland Routemasters with the hight of the roofs. Surely that cant be snow Very Happy
ski holidays
Yes it all fell last night and its really snowing hard now.
snow conditions
chris, we'll be there in 2 weeks, hope it keeps comingwith some breaks to let the workmen do some work of course. I noticed from Mel's pic the balconies aren't done yet( not that it matters for our ground floor though!) snowHead

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 4-12-05 0:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I don't want any more snow just yet. It took me 4 hours to shovel the stuff from the drive and I think I'll have to repeat it in the morning.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sounds good!! When they open next Sat are they open weekdays or just weekends?????
ski holidays
Gregh. Open everyday.
snow conditions
chris, have you got your shovel out yet ?
latest report
chris, do you reckon all this lovely snow is also lying at altitude, or being blown away? I've seen a terrific dump like that at village level once before but it didn't help conditions up top that year. I hope they can get the piste bashers onto it to get a good base laid down for the season.
snow report
kuwait_ian, that's precisely what had happened last January.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, can't be sure which year it was, maybe '96 but the early season build up of wet stuff up top just never happened and whatever fell later just blew away every time. Spent a week on the Luc Alphand and the red run above it near Serre Ratier on artificial snow. No queues tho' - it wasn't all bad. The reason I'm concerned is that easiski was reporting high winds from L2A.
latest report
Kuwait ian, there's little or no wind here and speaking to an expert he says the snow is the best type to form a good base.
snow conditions
chris,

Chris snow can you dig it!!
As you enjoy this so much, how about digging our drive out once the weather settles down (I think it is bigger than yours), we just want you to be happy.
snow conditions
Just out of interst, how skiiable is Serre Chevalier around easter time, and when does it usually close? I may be going there (or Montgenevre) during the easter holidays Smile
ski holidays
Chris, sorry I've had enough snow this year. just finished another 1.5 hours clearing todays fresh snow.
mark s, Serre Che is open untill middle of April and for the last 3 winters I've been here, skiing has been good unless there is a heatwave on, in which case, skiing in the slush is not much fun. Montenevre generally doesn't hold up as well because the pistes are in more direct sun.
snow report
chris, I was at Serre Che a few years ago mid-march, and the skiing started out great, but went downhill fast. 1 week of absolutely nothing but sun and heat - hence why I'm asking what it'll be like in April Smile
ski holidays
mark_s,
Mark I do not know about a few years ago, but these days they make huge amounts of artificial snow which makes a big difference in April.

This April we had some good skiing on the artificial snow. I think the problem is temperature, (as Chris states) this was OK when we were there, but I think a week or two before we arrived it had been very warm and this impacted on those that were skiing that week. However warm weather will affect most resorts in the Alps. In April 04 the skiing in Serre Chevalier and Montgenvre was fantastic.

Skiing in the Alps can be better in April than the 2nd half of March, as there tends to be more precipitation (April showers and all that jazz)

Chris you have not had enough snow, another 4 or 5 dumps like this weekend between now and Christmas would be great !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy