Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New flight route: cambridge to geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Darwin Airlines are now operating out of Cambridge airport and are flying to, among other places, Geneva. The schedule doesn't allow booking far enough in advance to cover most of the season yet, but I called them today and was assured they will be operating over the winter season.

The usual baggage allowances apply:

economy : 1 bag @ 23kg
Premium : 2 bags @ 32kg each

Ski equipment @ £42 if not within normal baggage allowance.

I 'may' be trying them out as I live about half an hour from CBG (not to be confused with CDG Wink )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feef wrote:
Darwin Airlines are now operating out of Cambridge airport and are flying to, among other places, Geneva.

Sounds like an evolutionary step forward for travellers.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feef, Milan too. There was a post a few months ago when it was first announced with a few observations also http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2296534&highlight=darwin#2296534
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, and many of the observations there were if they could take skis, as you can see from my post above, they can. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, £42 each way?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I noticed this too and was quite excited by it. Although the prices are maybe slightly higher than flying from the London airports, I think it'll be pretty well compensated for by cheaper parking, less petrol, as well as just the convenience of it. I could be there in 10 minutes from my office!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feef, True Happy I may be interested but no flights to Geneva likely next winter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Inghams are using Cambridge Airport in their programme this year.. (using Darwin Airways)

http://www.inghams.co.uk/about-us/press/view/item436145/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We flew with them out of Oxford > Geneva a few years ago - it was great.

Parking was a fiver for the week, and no more than 100yds from the "terminal". The aerodrome at Kidlington wasn't really set up for major passenger transport, which made it even more special - it felt like a throwback to the days when flying was an exclusive and privileged experience.
(Of course the scrum at Geneva made up for that...)

We were very disappointed that they gave up after only one year's operation. If you can take advantage of a Cambridge service I would do so - if only to encourage them to stay a little longer.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just priced up a flight on feb 1st. £207 return !!! thats a little pricey. especially as there will be 4 of us. normally we pay around £400 - £500 including bags and skis. so £800+ is a overpriced I think
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very handy for Cambridge'ites' but as they only operate Saab 2000's (approx. 50 seats) expect limitations on ski carriage etc and expect most handbaggage bigger than a laptop to be put in the hold as you board. Their FAQs are a little short on detail on sports carriage.

Regarding names they also absorbed the bizarrely named Fly Baboo (bankrupt)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's business Sad Here in the Netherlands we just set up clubaero.nl (check it out!) to organise single day ski trips to the Alps for busy people who can't afford more time. It means leaving early in the morning from a small airport in order not to waste too much time. Small airports usually have short runways - which means we need a STOL airliner (short takeoff and landing). So we contacted Darwin airlines - one of the few operators with SAAB 2000 turboprop airliners which would fit the bill. Next thing I see on this forum is that Darwin are now planning to fly from Cambridge to Geneva...aaaagh! Well if anyone over there is interested, we plan on flying from Lelystad to Sion for single day ski trips. Take a look at clubaero and let us know what you think - you can post on our forum, or send a message via the contact pages. See you...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy