Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody Else Loving This Summer But DYING to go Skiing (or Boarding)?

Poster: A snowHead
Don't get me wrong, Mrs MA and I are having a brilliant summer of warm and sunny mountain biking on amazingly dry and dusty UK trails.....but I'm quite enjoying the fact that the nights are now clearly drawing in and a couple of morning cycles to work have been in cool, almost autumnal conditions with a definite nip in the air.

We had a couple of mornings skiing on the glacier at Tignes in July - which was great fun on lovely spring snow - so that gave us a bit of a fix at the time....but I just can't wait for winter proper rolling eyes. Only 13 weeks until we're off to Espace Killy for the opening weekend at the end of November - unless we crack and book another glacier run before then....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, yes. A day on the slopes would really change my mood. Even a trip to the mountains would do.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainaddict, Yep. Already looking at weather and webcams.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict, Oh yes, just waitin' for them pesky PSB buttons Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and the BB ones.

Quote:

Even a trip to the mountains would do

just got back from the mountains. already contemplating another trip before it gets too bleak for walking/biking, and before the skiing properly starts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm probably going skiing this week - Hintertux received some fresh snow this week and there is still more to come before the working week is over! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh. Forgot I booked a long weekend at the foot of the Jura. Think they count as mountains. Still got 3-4 days to play with (3 or 4 depends if 4th Oct is a freebie day off or not), plus what has been set aside for PSB.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes and Yes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have the usual feeling that I have wasted summer working. Such is life. Hoping to have 14 days skiing next season to make up for it. Bring it on! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I have wasted summer working

I call that "investing for the ski season" Wink snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep... the obsession had faded for a few months until I went to Hemel a couple of weeks ago. Now it's back. At least it's been a great summer (and appears to be continuing) or I'd be going mad about now Smile

Planning on 5 weeks + a long weekend this season. That oughta fix it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Planning on 5 weeks +

Snap Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
got back 3 weeks ago now, and counting the days. August has been really sticky here. Only about 40 degrees, but got to be around 75% humidity right now....Ive already been checking webcams - and for the PDS thats pretty early Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Feeling really grumpy at the moment and I'm sure this is the reason. Roll on winter!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pedantica, Me too. GAHHHH!
latest report
Ski sales are going well at the moment so people are definitely thinking about skiing Toofy Grin
snow conditions
It felt very autumnal this morning. It was really good snowHead
latest report
Going to Les Gets this weekend - you never know, there might be a freak dump!!
snow conditions
RUGBY PETER, its certainly chilly here in Les Gets right now! We have had snow fall on us on 31st August on the chairlift on Mt Chery.
latest report
musher, Bloody freezing here tonight, I'm wrapped up in a blanket watching TV. Bodes well for the snow at the weekend Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
Well I am skiing here now (see video) and it hasn't been 'too bad'.....

http://youtube.com/v/GJwVfsZ7hIs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrnIFBa70OyqkFhXk_EZfqw

Summer is the new winter.... Wink
snow report
Pamski, if it settles let me know Twisted Evil
snow conditions
I'm skiing in Chile, and it feels like summer!
snow report
Samerberg Sue,

I recommend going to bed cuddling a bottle of something warming wink
snow report
Samerberg Sue,

I recommend going to bed cuddling a bottle of something warming wink
snow conditions
Touchguru, I saw that earlier and thought it may have been you!! A touch of difference between you and the other chap on the course.....
snow conditions
The Summer's not all it's cracked up to be. I'm glad its over. Skiing never disappoints. Yes dying to go skiing. Still a long way till januarythough and the absolutely dreaded christmas to cope with first
snow report
Not really but then I have a late summer holiday booked, when thats out of the way all the summer stuff goes in t'loft, winter stuff comes down and I switch to red wine and stews. Then we're full steam ahead for ski season
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Touchguru, that looks very pleasant!
latest report
kitenski wrote:
Touchguru, I saw that earlier and thought it may have been you!! A touch of difference between you and the other chap on the course.....

Yes, but we here for different reasons and are working on different things and with only two of us in this group this week it has been no problem whatsoever.

Pedantica wrote:
Touchguru, that looks very pleasant!

It is amazing Smile
snow report
Touchguru, damn good for August though!! Are you doing your L3 this season??
ski holidays
Looks like Kitzsteinhorn (Kaprun, Austria) had a dump of 20cm fresh snow yesterday. Can't believe it's not yet September and I'm looking at snow reports.
latest report
I haven't had my summer holiday yet! (but do have 2 ski weeks booked and another 2 or 3 planned)
ski holidays
tignes glacier was looking pretty grey last week, looking a lot whiter today Smile
latest report
Quote:
Problem is, it doesn't Sad. I skied on 61 days (easily a personal best due to epic Pennines (19 days) and Scotland (16 days) conditions) in the never-ending 2012-13 season - from November glaciers to ski touring in Scotland until the end of June - but it still just wasn't enough Confused.....
snow report
Yes and Yes. Even got all my kit on (not the boots!) last night just to check the new stuff worked in with the "system"... some small fine tuning to be done! Little Angel
snow conditions
Quote:

Problem is, it doesn't Sad. I skied on 61 days (easily a personal best due to epic Pennines (19 days) and Scotland (16 days) conditions) in the never-ending 2012-13 season - from November glaciers to ski touring in Scotland until the end of June - but it still just wasn't enough Confused.....

I can imagine this all too well - had my first (wonderful) week on snow in February, felt a week wouldn't be enough this season so have managed to squeeze in a short break in December plus a week in February, and am already wishing I could do more! It's worrying, though, to think that the obsession just keeps growing and even 61 days isn't enough...

I love being out and about in summer and wasn't previously so keen on the colder/darker months, so one unexpected bonus of the new skiing addiction is that there's no longer any reason to feel depressed when temperatures are cooling, nights are drawing in and the end of the summer is tangible - any negative feelings have been replaced with extreme excitement about the skiing to come Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Touchguru, damn good for August though!! Are you doing your L3 this season??

Yes it has been really good. I am taking the 3 tech at the end of November in Zermatt. Fingers crossed! Smile
ski holidays
catclaires wrote:
Quote:

......I love being out and about in summer and wasn't previously so keen on the colder/darker months, so one unexpected bonus of the new skiing addiction is that there's no longer any reason to feel depressed when temperatures are cooling, nights are drawing in and the end of the summer is tangible - any negative feelings have been replaced with extreme excitement about the skiing to come Very Happy

+1, from a skier of only 5 years Very Happy
latest report
Not liking a summer being operated on and generally poked about with. Rowing regatta season is over and I have only been able to coach again.
Yes on the dying to go skiing. More magic injections should make it possible. Trying to avoid the completely useless occupation of looking at webcams in August but don't always manage it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy