Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa at Christmas / New Year - what's the snow like ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been there in half term but wondered what it's like over the Christmas week ? Fairly snow-sure ? I've booked a hotel (but can be cancelled at no cost)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been but this report would indicate there should be no problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/italy/Monterosa/8036566/Ski-Monterosa-resort-guide.html

I've never had an issue skiing at christmas in France (mostly) and Austria. Quite the opposite mostly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dsoutar, the area has an advantage in that it's pretty well cannoned up. Mostly as it doesn't normally get the quantities of snow that arrive just on the other side of the Mont Blanc - also as it can get quite windy at times and the snow was known to blow away even when it had arrived in quantity.

I'd be very surprised if you had any problems.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks; yes I remember the wind from previously. I've been twice with the intention of doing some heli and both times it has not been possible due to wind.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The pistes are always in good condition although it didn't snow a flake last January
leave the helis to the Germans ...get your grunt on
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well it is the valley adjacent to Cervinia and Zermatt. If you don't get good snow neither these two would.

Even if it has the same snow as Zermatt and Cervinia the snow would stay much longer as there are significantly fewer visitors going there. It does have 3 valleys of its own and the wind could not possibly affect every one of the 4 to 5 valley sides of the Champoluc, Gressoney and Alagna.

By any standard if one travels 23 miles from the main road into the deep end of the valley and could not find good snow within the altitude range of 1500 to 3200m then one can be rest assured that there would not be much snow in the remainder of that Alps at time selected.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Dec and Jan 2011 the snow was very disappointing http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1952257&highlight=monterosa#1952257 when the snow in Switzerland was amazing. Ok if you are happy on piste. I would only ever go to Monterosa at short notice or have a Plan B. Do love it there though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been there twice at Xmas (maybe 3, can't remember) and all times its been really good; sometimes the off piste hasn't been as good as just hasn't had to build of snow by then, but generally its been really good. Last year we only went for 4 days, but it dumped down constant for 2 of the days! Only issue with monterosa can be high winds which can close the lifts - had that a couple of times there which can be a spoiler!

Olly
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been there twice at Xmas (maybe 3, can't remember) and all times its been really good; sometimes the off piste hasn't been as good as just hasn't had to build of snow by then, but generally its been really good. Last year we only went for 4 days, but it dumped down constant for 2 of the days! Only issue with monterosa can be high winds which can close the lifts - had that a couple of times there which can be a spoiler!

Olly
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maidstone98, the wind issue is that the Col can close which means no liaison between Champoluc and Gressoney. They are very good about warning if this is likely and I don't think I've ever seen anyone getting stuck othe wrong side.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy