Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing near Gothenburg?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to move to Gothenburg and am wondering whether there are any ski areas within reach (say less than 90 minutes' travel time away)? I know the major Swedish ski resorts are much further north, but is there anywhere with a few pistes suitable for working on technique etc closer to the city? If any snowheads have local knowledge, I'd really appreciate it Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have only been there once and thought it was fairly flat but Google found this.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isaberg is a tidy little resort with a couple of longish runs (i.e. about 1 km rather than just a couple of practice slopes). Either drive there for a day on skis, or rent a cabin and make a weekend of it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isaberg or Ulricehamn (both listed in the link by rjs above) can be decent for a day trip if you're not too particular, depending on snow availability of course. Alebacken for some quick runs after work if the weather allows it and you desperately need some snow time. If you're interested in a weekend trip I suggest you take a bus trip to Hemsedal, either with softresor.se or jtalpinresor.se.

If you have any other questions about Gothenburg itself I'd be happy to help, I'm born and raised here so I know the place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy