Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Film Chalet Girl on Ch4 now

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed that there is a film called Chalet Girl on Ch 4 at the moment. Looks pretty awful, but there are some scenes of St Anton Very Happy

It is starting again at 7:15 pm on Ch4 +1, might record it for later viewing...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought it would be tosh Alastair Pink, but it is fairly enjoyable - for the St Anton scenes rather than the storyline I should add!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee, Yep, I'm playing "recognise that location".... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
it'll probly be on c4od if you forgot to record it...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a brilliant family film.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Reall
y enjoyed it, Sunday evening light entertainment Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:
Nadenoodlee, Yep, I'm playing "recognise that location".... Toofy Grin

I did the same the first (and only) time I've watched it, along with 'spot the mates' as a number of them appear as extras/in the background.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Watched it many times on DVD, anything with Bill Bailey and Bill Nighy in gets my vote Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a very enjoyable film. If I was in last night then I'd have watched it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bill Bailey.....Excellent Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saw it a few years go and it was a lot better than I was expecting. Nice shots of St Anton too, I wonder who actually owns that chalet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Saw it a few years go and it was a lot better than I was expecting. Nice shots of St Anton too, I wonder who actually owns that chalet.

I can help answer that question, as I said in a previous post, I was playing "recognise that location" Laughing

You might have noticed from the exterior shots of the "chalet" that it was located right by the side of the piste going down to the Galzigbahn - there was a sequence early in the film where the Chalet host Kim just walked a few yards out from the chalet through a gateway and got nearly mown down by some skiers. Actually the building is the town's ski museum and restaurant! Laughing . The ground floor hosts an up-market restaurant with hunting trophy décor, and the ski museum which is upstairs is excellent and well worth a visit as it details the history and development of skiing in St Anton.
The interior scenes of the "chalet" will have been filmed elsewhere/ in the studio.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"This programme is not currently on 4oD"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
(duplicate deleted)

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 26-08-13 22:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink, am very impressed with your set location knowledge Laughing
ski holidays
RobW, its a bit of a chick flick - girl meets boy rom-com in the snow. If you think you might fancy it I'll send you my DVD (only ever watch stuff once in general).
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, Thanks for the offer, but not really that bothered - more interested in the scenery/background/technique than the actual story.
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:

...........Actually the building is the town's ski museum and restaurant! Laughing . The ground floor hosts an up-market restaurant with hunting trophy décor, and the ski museum which is upstairs is excellent and well worth a visit as it details the history and development of skiing in St Anton...........

Having visited the building previously, I also immediately recognised it in the Chalet Girl film. I would also recommend spending an hour or two in the museum. Very interesting displays of old ski equipment and also some good films of skiing in the region through the years. One of the films (I can't remember which) included a demonstration of an old skiing style which reduced the group I was with into tears of laughter. It involved somehow flicking the rear tip of the skis up into the air before starting off!
latest report
^ The Museum is great, and the food even better -we ate there 6 days a week (included in the cost) on my ski instructor course. Was a set menu rather than their full menu, but still very good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy