Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne: New Years

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We (family of 5 reasonably competent mixed skiers and boarders) are contemplating La Belle Plagne for New Year.
We plan to drive down and stay P+V "Self=Catering", or eating out as the Missus calls it.

Anyone know if there are any decent restaurants in La Belle Plagne/is it a rip-off/just trashy?

Anyone know what the pistes are like in the area?

Thx,
Iain

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 11-09-13 9:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are some decent restaurants in La Plagne but I can't recall any specifically in Belle Plagne so you may have to take the bus to the Centre or Soleil if you want to experience the best ones.

One of my favourite Alpine restaurants (Colosses) is in Bellecote just below though. You can take the gondola down (it opens 'til late). Haven't been that way for a few years but it's still run by the same people (Polly, an English lady married to a Frenchman) and recent trip advisor reports still rate it so should still be good. It's just above the gondola station on the piste with an English red phone box outside. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g562741-d3501500-Reviews-Le_Chalet_des_Colosses-Macot_la_Plagne_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are quite a few decent restaurants in Belle Plagne..... Matafan is good and there are some others .....one is a Tex Mex but I cant remember the name ....Belle Plagne is a great place to stay IMO .......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been a while since I've been there but yes BP has a few reasonable restauarants as redrunmarcus says, Good place to stay for access to the slopes. Prettier than LP Centre. But that's not saying much.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redrunmarcus wrote:
....Belle Plagne is a great place to stay IMO .......

I would go so far as to say IMO it is the best location in the whole of La Plagne and potentially in the whole of Paradski for getting around. Had one holiday there that was amazing, we now own in Arc 2000 but if I was rich I would buy in Belle Plagne.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree Belle Plagne is the best location in the La Plagne ski area for ski in ski out and a magnificent view ....oh and the Carlina is worth eating at too especially lunch on the terrace an a good day
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've spent two ski holidays in Belle Plagne. One must have been in the early to mid 80's as a single skier and have great memories of that trip. The Matafan was only a small restaurant and me and one of my room mates ate there most of the time and it was great. I went back in 1998/9 and noticed the whole place had grown quite a bit. The Matafan had moved and was much bigger, and now married, we were self catering (P&V) with kids in tow, so didn't eat there.

I chose Belle Plagne the second time because of my first experience and we weren't disappointed, and it was great for the kids. The ESF instructor my youngest son had was really good too. If I went back again, I would certainly look there again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redrunmarcus wrote:
There are quite a few decent restaurants in Belle Plagne..... Matafan is good and there are some others .....one is a Tex Mex but I cant remember the name ....Belle Plagne is a great place to stay IMO .......

Cayenne is the tex-mex - and i agree it's good Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

I bet they give good Porchions. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the valuable info. It looks like Belle Plagne will suit us well.
So thats 28th Dec for 7 nights, the perfect antidote to the "Beach" holiday!
Better get it booked!

Thanks again for the help, it really makes a difference to know that the location will live up to expectations.

Iain
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Strax- that's a timely question to ask as we will be booking a week in BP shortly (at the MMV Centaur apartments).

Only ever skied through BP on a lesson back in 2010 so didn't really pay that much attention. We were staying in Plagne Centre at the Terranova, which was lovely.

BP location looks ideal for exploring the area without too much faffing about on lifts getting across the ski area.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
redrunmarcus wrote:
....Belle Plagne is a great place to stay IMO .......

I would go so far as to say IMO it is the best location in the whole of La Plagne and potentially in the whole of Paradski for getting around. Had one holiday there that was amazing, we now own in Arc 2000 but if I was rich I would buy in Belle Plagne.

Directly above the biggest bottleneck in the whole of the Paradiski area? Don't see it myself, would much rather be in soleil/villages or PV on the other side of the handbag...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett, Yes but bottlenecks are for amateurs Toofy Grin , there are always ways of avoiding them if you really want. I did say its a great place for just getting around, I wasn't suggesting you spend all day going up and down runs through it. Also having spent a week there, the evenings are glorious, great views and car free.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
redrunmarcus wrote:

+1

The Face du Nord is also rather good - a little pricey, but worth it IMO.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geepee wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

I bet they give good Porchions. Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing

Classic geepee.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy