Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit of an odd one, but what the hell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any ideas for a good place for a 50 something and his 18 year old son to ski at Christmas. Change in family circumstances means that we really don't want to be sat at home feeling sorry for oursleves, but probably can't afford anything too lavish. Plenty of lively company in a Chalet or simalar rather than self catering or a formal hotel would be good.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Posidrive, get in touch with flangesax who runs a chalet in Radstadt, Austria. Smack bang in the middle of the Ski Amadé region and worth every single penny at any time of the year! Web address here: http://www.austrian-adventures.com

Fly to Salzburg and get a transfer bus or use local buses to get to the resort about 45 minutes away!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Posidrive, ^ ^ sound advice which, if I can garner a few spare Euros after a trip to Venice around that time and some building works in my house, I may well follow myself. (Note to self, vestiges of self-restraint seem to be evaporating... rolling eyes )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posidrive, depending on budget, you might also like to look at action-outdoors who run holidays at UCPA centres in france. You are just about young enough to swing it - speak to Action Outdoors. All-inclusive holidays including ski hire, ski pass and good tuition at all levels, from complete beginners right up to super gnarly off piste in Chamonix. Good food, as much, or as little, company as you want and at unbeatable prices.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought that UCPA drew the line at 40, could be wrong, would be a good call if you can do it, was there when I was younger and enjoyed the mix.

For budget, if possible, Christmas trip, I've done Chalet Sherpa in Morzine and Chalet Chardons in Tignes Les Brevieres, both are basic, value for money and young at heart.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I thought that UCPA drew the line at 40, could be wrong

no, you're not wrong, but there is some flexibility in practice, according to some reports here on snowheads. That's why I suggested talking to Action Outdoors.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, you always suggest Action Outdoors and UCPA are you on some kind of commission? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, no, not on commission. But it represents tremendous value and so far everyone who has been there has seemed to be very pleased with their choice - there re some excellent trip reports. I don't think there is anything comparable for young (or youngish.... wink ) people looking for a good value holiday. Not just skiing. alpine mountaineering in Chamonix in early September, £652 including full board, all equipment, mountain guides, lift passes, tuition and a night or so in a refuge. Less than £100 a day for all that! At Christmas the OP and son could have a twin room, full board, equipment, lift pass and instruction for less than £100 a day, in Argentiere. Lots of similar holidays in other top resorts, though not all the centres have twin rooms available.

Do you think I am wrong to recommend them? I don't always do so, just when people are after a budget option AND are keen skiers. It wouldn't suit people wanting a luxury chalet, hot tubs and days spent shopping.

I had never heard of them till my daughter went to Flaine with boyfriend one half term - I was stunned at the cost. He had already done an multi-activity week in summer in Chamonix with them.

I wish they did old-age pensioner weeks. I fancy a week in Hyeres wind-surfing for £356.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Posidrive,

We have some spaces in our catered chalet in Les Coches in the Paradiski area if you think that would suit? Details via the link below. The price for the week is £599 per person fully catered and there is usually a good, sociable atmosphere with mixed groups.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Guys--singlesport will be in Deux Alpes at Christmas & this is the time of year where single parents often come with their grown up children. Mine are 25 & 28. This is a large hotel but chalet type food arrangements, inc ski hire, liftpass etc. Please ask for more info if its of interest. Best wishes Ruth
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skigirl21 wrote:
Hi Guys--singlesport will be in Deux Alpes at Christmas & this is the time of year where single parents often come with their grown up children. Mine are 25 & 28. This is a large hotel but chalet type food arrangements, inc ski hire, liftpass etc. Please ask for more info if its of interest. Best wishes Ruth

I'm already booked into Deux Alpes (without son) with you for March. See you then Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Aha! in that case I know who you are! see you then! R
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy