Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

solos ski group for St Anton 12 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Chalet near lift, with sauna, wellness area and Wi-Fi booked for St Anton 12 Jan. Flights, transfers and food £789 + £29 supp from Heathrow, area pass £205. 2 places available. We are a fun mixed intermediate group.
Syd

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 25-09-13 20:53; edited 17 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
supertrooper, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

Might be an idea to remove your email address to avoid getting all sorts of Spam mail - you can just ask anyone interested to send you a PM and then discuss from there
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that advice much appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey supertropper thats exactly along the lines of what im intersted in.Intermediate level skier mid 30s and from ireland.Keep me posted please.Thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Mahoney,
you are welcome , so far I have seen 3 chalets . We like chalets that have small capacity 8 to 12 peeps, makes it homelier and the chalet hosts aren't rushed off their feet. Wellness center and sauna is on the wish list too. Will keep you posted

Syd
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey There,
This sounds really interesting to me, my initial ideas of my friends being motivated and wanting to come skiing seem to have fallen on poor people who cant afford it atm. I very much like the challet idea, I will be 30 shortly and I am a professional working in the IT industry who likes to have fun and can enjoy skiing blue runs.

Do you have any idea of what sort of price at the moment?

Pete
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Pete,
well we are thinking around £750 to £800 for a catered chalet. In the past a small chalet with 10-12 people capacity we found ideal as bigger chalets are noisy with too many people and with a smaller group we get more attention from the chalet hosts. Also its easier to met 2 to 4 other people than 30+! I am looking at chalets that aren't too far from the lifts...don't like the idea of getting a bus to and from the slopes. I also like at least a sauna and maybe a wellness center.
So far we are all intermediate skiers and 2 of us can tackle black runs too. It doesn't matter what level you are at as we ski together mostly and though some are quicker than others, but we wait for the slowest. The whole idea of the group is we have fun and socialize. You will probably be the youngest as we usually range from late 30s to 50s but don't let that put you off. If still interested let me know.
Cheers
Syd
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Syd,

Interested in this - depends on time available from work and if I brave the Snowheads Bash. I will discuss and get back to you asap.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ok
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Syd
Not sure if St Anton is the best choice for a mixed group and you might get a better response going for somewhere like Saalbach which is better for Intermediates but not as good for Experts.I think Austria is a great choice but if you can get what you want with your comments re the above for around £600pp you would get a better response but given the profile you would have just as much fun in say Kitzbuhel or Saalbach as St Anton but at a cheaper price and nervous skiers will not be intimidated by St Anton.Also worth looking at other BIG areas but less well known to the Brits for value but still great skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks brightspark something to think about for sure.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just booked St Anton for w/c 18 Jan. £880 all in with Crystal. Bargain if I say so myself!

Have been to Saalbach and more recently Solden and I just love Austria. Saalbach is a lovely place with a good mix of terrain and good apres. Solden was better all round in my view. Cant wait to try out St A never been before and there's about 20 of us now so should be epic.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Gainz I been to Saalbach too and did enjoy it , but I'll have to research Solden. I am sure it will be just as good. Cheers.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the reply Syd, I am having a think at the moment about the group- you do sound great and welcoming, I also would like to try the nice chalet approach to skiing too. Also is there an indication yet on what ski passes are likely to cost, I guess if St Anton is now up for discussion the prices could change too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,
I have had few suggestions from others who suggest other Austrian resorts which may be cheaper and more suited to the average intermediate. Watch this space!
Cheers
Syd
latest report
Hey syd,Just a few other things for you to look at,Mayrhofen should be taken into consideration,Lovely town,Huge ski area,Lovey restauraunts and can be done on a budget.Soll also added benefit now is the ski area is linked uo to kitzbuhell.St anton whilst been the place to ski in Austria and one which id love to try is ridicousely expensive.Anyway keep up the good work and let us know of developements
ski holidays
oky will do Mahoney j.
snow conditions
Ok think my time for skiing next year is limited (as always) so I'm going to do my best to get onto the Snowheads bash in feb. Good luck Smile
snow conditions
enjoy the Snowheads bash.
snow report
Hi supertrooper. I'm really keen to get to St Anton this winter. I'm a 29 year old kiwi skier, I've done a few seasons so pretty competent and looking to ski with some people that will challenge me! Let me know if you are still looking to fill a chalet. Smile
snow conditions
Hi Kristi,
no worries about being challenged. Here is the deal.....we are all intermediate skiers some more daring than others obviously! We have are eye on Chalet Charon( catered) sauna, free Wi-Fi and near the slopes in St Anton in mind. So far we are 2 guys and 2 ladies (so far) are ages are from 30s to 50s.....don't let that put you off being in your 20s! We fly out on Sunday 12th January from Heathrow or Gatwick with BA. If I can fill the chalet (8- 10 people) than I am hoping to negotiate a discount other wise its about £761 for flights. transfers and food. If you need more info please feel free to contact me. Cheers.
Syd
latest report
Kristi, Hiya its Heather here lol!!!! Sorry I was just posting about North America and had a look through other posts. Razz
snow report
speachmaus wrote:
Kristi, Hiya its Heather here lol!!!! Sorry I was just posting about North America and had a look through other posts. You are also a pretty dam good snowboarder too
Razz
snow conditions
What's st anton meant to be like.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy