Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet's St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Got some great advice on here last year regarding Mayerhofen. We are hoping to get a group together (8-12) to go to St Anton in Feb 2014. We are all mid twenty's (mainly couples) and are looking for our own private chalet, ideally with a hot tub, ipod dock (etc) so we can have fun nights in rather than always going out.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either chalets or good sites to use for this?

Many Thanks,

J
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I sense the "Apostrophe prefect" swooping in early course - that aside I presume you have trawled through the Iglu etc webpages? Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Simonmj66, yeah been on Iglu and catered ski chalets, was just wondering what other sources people use / if they had any specific chalet recommendations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Daleybou1234, Supertravel's Chalet Narnia is very nice - you will need a good budget for a that level of chalet in St Anton but it is fab.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, Give our website a look through, if you have any questions give us a call, but St Anton is probably your best bet for a chalet in Austria, plenty of good looking properties and a top resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That is one hell of a sweeping statement paulthesnowfinder,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really? What part of the statement do you find controversial?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Because you are pimping may be? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hahaha... point taken!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
More than two thirdsthe resorts you have listed for Austria do not have any chalets according to your web site. Plus most of the chalets you do offer are only chalets in that they are built in the local "chalet" style. To my mind anything with a capacity of more than 15 to 20 people no longer comes into the realm of what I understand by the term "chalet holiday" as opposed to "ski holiday". The vast majority of what you offer are actually Gasthofs and/or hotels! Hardly offering the original poster what they are wanting.

I'd say that you need to up your game a wee bit before offering your opinion one way or the other about Austria in general and St anton in particular. wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulthesnowfinder wrote:
St Anton is probably your best bet for a chalet in Austria.

Sweeping and misleading.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blimey! I have been told!

Apologies for the gratuitious marketing, I shall not do it again!

(BUT I'd still recommend St Anton! NehNeh )
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulthesnowfinder, maybe you are living up to your signature? wink

There are plenty who indulge in gratuitous marketing here but they do contribute to the site and also link the site on their web pages! A wee word in the shell-like of Admin should put you on the right track Madeye-Smiley

Your Austrian database still sucks though! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why would you go to st Anton if you plan and spending your post skiing time in the chalet? You're missing half the fun if you miss out on the st Anton après. I'm not trying to take anything away from the amazing skiing on offer but you'll only have half the fun if you want to après in the chalet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well said boabski,
latest report
To come to Paul's defence here, I think what he's trying to say is that St Anton is the best resort in Austria for a chalet holiday. He's right, in terms of catered chalets there's no resort in Austria with more choice than St Anton.

It's also important to note the difference between a chalet and a gasthof/penison/hotel. Chalets are run by tour operators who put their own staff (normally UK) in there and fill it with UK customers. Gasthofs/pensions/hotels are run by locals and are sold through various different tour operators and take bookings/walk-ups locally.

It does depend what you're specifically after but if it's a catered chalet in Austria then it makes perfect sense to start off with St Anton as every major chalet operator is there.
snow report
Could try Rosa Canina. Neighbour was there last year and said food was excellent but a bit of a treck from town.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 22-08-13 14:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
froomie, quality post, spot on IMO.

Of course there are alternate places ( wink ) to consider but as far as tour-op led British based chalet (package/indie) holidays go it is a good place to start.
...tell you what though... you really pay for it!
snow report
Thanks all for the responses. We definitely want good Apres (I'm much better at apres than skiing) that's why we chose St Anton, We went to Mayerhofen last and loved it. However we wanted the option of being able to grab a few cold beers / wine out of the fridge and jump in the hot tub if we want to. Just to mix it up a bit!
snow conditions
Whatever your budget was for Mayrhofen Daleybou1234, triple it

My group has done St Anton on three occasions now and on each one I think we've just about crawled in in time for dinner. In other resorts we've had hot tubs in the chalet, but I honestly don't think it would be worth the extra outlay for us to use it maybe 1 or 2 times on the trip.
latest report
What's the apostrophe for? Smile (oh no, I'm a perfect, sorry, prefect)

What aboot the Japanese Loft or whatever it's called owned by the Anton Hotel, not sure about hot tub but private sauna/steamroom and wrap around balcony, always looked cool to me.

Sel catering (ie keep local restaurants in business).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy