Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do in a dead ski town: over 50 ideas!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's an original article: "51 things to do in ski towns when they're dead"

Now that might seem like a tall order and, indeed, when we get to numbers 10 to 15 the piste gets a bit thin:
Quote:
10. Play backgammon and chess
11. Learn curling
12. Play fantasy football
13. Play fantasy hockey
14. Play fantasy World Cup skiing (there has to be a league somewhere!)
15. Go wildlife/bird-watching

As desperation sets in, numbers 37 to 42 could be useful:
Quote:
37. Climb a tree
38. Make hot chocolate
39. Watch football
40. Cut wood for the fireplace
41. Go bowling
42. Practice yoga

Here are those 51 ideas in full, by Tom Boyd for Rocky Mountain News

"Pop into the crematorium" doesn't seem to be included.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 12-11-05 12:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you do these things in Aviemore?

I'd be hard pushed to do them in Milton Keynes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I might need that list next weekend in Neustift... I've never been but I hardly expect its going to be busy!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanB, no way! Neustift is gorgeous - just get out there and enjoy the mountains. The Stubai is a really lovely ski glacier. I've got great memories of it - my wife learned to ski up there in late May, and it's got some worthwhile runs.

Will you be linking to the glacier via the post bus (at least I think that's what got me up there) or do you have some other transport?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, Spot on. IanB, neustift is one of thenicest places to go. It's very genuinesly friendly - no TOs to spoil it. The glacier ski-ing is excellent and the runs nearer the resort are quite entertaining too - I guess they'll be closed at the moment. Are you staying in neustift or at the Alpensport Mutterberg Hotel up by the glacier?

If you see Heini Messner on the piste, stop and get his autograph, and then say hello from Charlotte. Ditto if you go near the Ski School. I knew and instructor there called Leusl who is a really nice bloke - probably the director by now.

Stubaital is where I've been flooded out twice in one year (1987, year of the hurricane), lost a car and a caravan in the floods there. Rescued by helicopter twice!! Shock the people of Neustift and Stubaital couldn't have been more helpful - they're brilliant.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No mention of joining a Ski-forum whilst on a three week break. Now i'm back at work seems all i do is talk plastic and feet. Bet i'm at the top of all your ' Who would you most like to around for dinner' lists, eh, eh, eh? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're going up for some race training before the Army championships in January - one of the Regiments has a lodge out there, but I think we've got S/C accomodation in Neustift - I think we'll have our own transport - as you can probably tell - I've just been told where I'm going and to ski - which suits me fine Wink

Have to say I was more concerned about our evenings entertainment! Very Happy I'm hoping we'll have some of the blue sky's we've been getting here!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy