Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel - Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

So far I'm a one week wonder when it comes to skiing, having gone to Les Arcs 1600 in Jan 2012 and not seen a slope before or since. Really hoping to get another week in this winter and wanted to refresh my so called "skills" beforehand. Was thinking a confidence clinic with InsideOut might fit the bill but what do people think? I see they promote all year round training but realistically I'll probably only be able to make one session before the end of October, does it still make sense to do that? Or do I need something more basic after a 20 month gap!?

As a bit of background, I had a week of group lessons with ESF and after a VERY slow start could cope with just about all the blue runs, winning no points for style though!

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
probably not quite ready for the confidence clinics and need a bit more basic, I would think.

One of them may be along soon to give more guidance.

Enjoy, anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
I don't know enough to offer any advice on what type of lessons / clinic's would suit your level best, but having done a few of the skills clinics (i started skiing again this year after a break that was more like 20 years) i can tell you that they are good fun and do what they say they will i.e. get your confidence and skills to start coming back.

Don't forget you get 50% off your first clinic if you give your SN name.

If you were wanting lessons and more recreational skiing, Hemel have a monthly unlimited pass (£52 for a non member I think) and the group lessons are then half price.

Personally, I would / did go for ISO and haven't looked back Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spaggy1, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Great starting point with the question. As you're familiar with Inside Out, you may also be aware of their "What's My Level" - I'm sure they will be running programmes for your level (presumably 4 at a minimum) to suit your timescale. However, before committing, is it viable to spend half a day (3 hours or so) at Hemel to get the feel of things again and see how you feel?

I've not taken any classes with IO (yet), but did have the opportunity to ski with one of their instructors on a few occasions last season - had some invaluable input (very fortunately) and I'd certainly recommend them from personal experience and the reports from others here.

Good luck in any event snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spaggy1, welcome to snowHeads! Very Happy

Another recommendation for Inside Out. I'd be inclined to contact them through the IOS site, to ask them whether a Building Confidence Clinic would suit you. At first sight at least, you do seem to fulfil their criteria: for skiers who are relatively new to the sport with perhaps just a week or so on skis and are keen to progress their skiing. I'm sorry, I've never done one of those particular clinics myself, but can vouch for the quality of their tuition generally - it's superb.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the welcome everyone, and the (very quick) advice.

Some pretty unanimous reviews for Inside Out so definitely going to look into it further, and looking at those videos I'd like to think I'd manage to qualify as level 4 at least, although an independent trip in advance is probably a very good idea to dust off the cobwebs first!

Thanks again!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spaggy1, just saw this thread, If you are roughly a level 4 our Building confidence clinics would be a good way to refresh. The clinics are two 90 min sessions on the hill, max group size of 4, no fixed lesson plan so basically an extended private lesson which would probably suit you well. We are in the process of laying in dates for our winter programme at Hemel over the next couple weeks so if you dont see any dates on the calendar that suit check back..

And if you click on my signature link before booking you will be a happy snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Skimottaret, thanks for the post, good to know I'm barking up the right tree so think I'm going to go for it. Will definitely be checking the winter programme if I can't make one before then, and here was me thinking there was nothing scheduled post October because they let you all disappear to the mountains!

Might even manage more than one if its 50% off the first!

Cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy