Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbombing 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Me and a few friends are thinking of heading to snowbombing 2014 in mayrohfen, its the first time we've done anything like this before and dont really know what to expect and if we should spend our hard earned on such as festival. Were all seasoned skiiers but has anyone been before? What is it like?

We all like the idea of skiing and partying but it seems to be more of a rave up then anything else, without wishing to offend anyone but; trance, electro, dubstep and what not are really not our thing in terms of music. I know last year kasabian headlined and they had some other great artists such as example and dizzie rascal. See that genre of music we like, its just the ravier side of things were not a fan of.

Is there more to snowbombing than "rave" music? I guess if all else fails we can spend the week in a constant state of intoxication Toofy Grin

Many thanks Nat

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-08-13 17:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's lots of stuff that is not "rave" music, but 95% is at least "electric" music. Obviously most of the dubstep/trance type stuff will be in the clubs.

The tennis hall however often has some other "normal bands" on, things like vaccines, cuban brothers and the ilk.

If you absolutely can't stand the beat heavy stuff then it will be tough as it is all over the mountain for the week!! But if you dont find it comparable to a dentist's drill there is more to snowbombing than just the music. The parties are fun, the people are cool and at some point mr motivator will get on stage which makes the whole thing worth while..... unless you are too young to know who he is in which case, dont bother going and I pitty you!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kasabian were fantastic this year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara wrote:
There's lots of stuff that is not "rave" music, but 95% is at least "electric" music. Obviously most of the dubstep/trance type stuff will be in the clubs.

The tennis hall however often has some other "normal bands" on, things like vaccines, cuban brothers and the ilk.

If you absolutely can't stand the beat heavy stuff then it will be tough as it is all over the mountain for the week!! But if you dont find it comparable to a dentist's drill there is more to snowbombing than just the music. The parties are fun, the people are cool and at some point mr motivator will get on stage which makes the whole thing worth while..... unless you are too young to know who he is in which case, dont bother going and I pitty you!

Its not the fact none of us can stand it, if it happens to be playing in the background then thats fine as it doesn't really bother us. I think what were wondering is are we going to spend money for entry into venues where there is nothing that appeals to us other then grab a drink?

So if say for example there were DJ's playing at the racket club one night and we just didn't enjoy what was going on would there be other venues to go to?
Something alternative to do yet still is fun and a bag of laughs?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Something alternative to do yet still is fun and a bag of laughs?

Have you thought about altitude? http://www.altitudefestival.com/ wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you have to decide what is more important to you. If it is the skiing then I would do as dulcamara says and have a look at altitude. The snow will be better then and the town is still busy and so plenty of opportunity to get out and party. I think the majority that go to snowbombing are really into the music and do a bit of skiing on the side. It is a very good week, however due to the nature of it, you are unlikely to get that much skiing in.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what googiew said
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm, don't see why you wouldn't get much skiing in, we skied 9-3.30 every day, but the snow would definitely be better during Altitude.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ghost Dog, Think it depends how you spend your nights wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
True, I was lying in bed at 2am listening to a chorus of Alice, Alice, who the f**k is Alice from a band of yoofs (well younger than me at any rate).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is Altitude the one that Marcus Brigstoke organisers ? Seem to remember that he's a big skiing fan as well.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Advice and confirmation needed!

We have just booked our package for Snowbombing 2014 (2 people) and it came to a total of £495 each. We are staying at the Hotel Strass Villa in Mayrhofen for 5 nights and we have only been charged £70 each for the full duration of our stay. On selection of the hotel, it said the cost was included in the package price... everything went through fine on the booking and we have been given the correct remaining balance information but we just wanted to make sure that there isn't a hidden catch somewhere and we definitely have our accommodation for as long we need it for.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Advice and confirmation needed!

We have just booked our package for Snowbombing 2014 (2 people) and it came to a total of £495 each. We are staying at the Hotel Strass Villa in Mayrhofen for 5 nights and we have only been charged £70 each for the full duration of our stay. On selection of the hotel, it said the cost was included in the package price... everything went through fine on the booking and we have been given the correct remaining balance information but we just wanted to make sure that there isn't a hidden catch somewhere and we definitely have our accommodation for as long we need it for.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been to mayrhofen a few times and they are very fond of taking 'room deposits' when you arrive in resort and then being extremely picky when inspecting your room so if you feel like you will trash your room at all then you probably won't see this again. The 'deposit' has varied the times I've been from €50-€100 per person but we were so careful as we couldn't afford to lose that amount of money. I went one time with uni and mostly everyone had to pay some sort of room deposit and the other two times with family. With family it was weird coz me and my cousin were sharing a room and we had to pay a deposit but none of the older ones did. We were 18-25 on both trips though!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pcurran871 wrote:
I've been to mayrhofen a few times and they are very fond of taking 'room deposits' when you arrive in resort and then being extremely picky when inspecting your room so if you feel like you will trash your room at all then you probably won't see this again. The 'deposit' has varied the times I've been from €50-€100 per person but we were so careful as we couldn't afford to lose that amount of money. I went one time with uni and mostly everyone had to pay some sort of room deposit and the other two times with family. With family it was weird coz me and my cousin were sharing a room and we had to pay a deposit but none of the older ones did. We were 18-25 on both trips though!

sorry, is this a reply to my comment or just some general advice? Sorry! haha
snow report
jamessmall94, Snowbombing are selling you a combined package of accommodation and wristband. You will pay an initial deposit and then you will have to pay the balance x number of weeks before you go. The same as if you were booking a holiday through a tour operator.

If you are worried just send them an email to double check.
snow report
I have two tickets for the Snowbombing, a music festival held in Mayrhofen, Austria, that will take place from 7 to 12 of April.
I won't be able to go because I have a trip planned.
Festival tickets excluding accomodation and lift passes cost £224 = 271 €.
I sell each ticket for 190 €= £156,69. If you're interested or you have a friend who's interested in going please contact me ASAP, because I have to give the names of the people who's attending to the festival to the organizers of Snowbombing.
Help me spread the word please, than you very much!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 2-03-14 13:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
so the tickets were won, and it appears profit is clearly being made here!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy