Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Whistler - When to arrive?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Forum Goers

I am hoping you can help me out. Me, My GF, My bro and his GF are all going out to Whistler for the coming season.

We got our visas sorted out in what was the debacle of MyCIC application process and are now looking to book flights and start doing some serious research.

Now the question of when to actually arrive in Whistler is very prominent. We all want to get jobs but first and foremost we want to secure some decent priced accommodation. So with that in mind what is the latest you can arrive in Whistler and still find something reasonable?

The job fair is in early October but seen as we probably won't work for the mountain and will get our passes ourselves we are not that bothered about missing this.

Really our main concern is getting somewhere to stay and then going from there. Can anyone offer advice from their experiences please it would be massively helpful?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
September unless you have transport
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello there,
just read your post and was hoping you got sorted with your season in whistler. Myself and some friends have just completed the mycic visa process and are looking to head out there for next season. What advice could you give us re: accomodation and jobs and when to arrive etc.

hope you had a good season last year. are you sticking around for a 2nd?

cheers,
tom
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit 3rd hand but Daughter out there now.

You need to get out there as early as you can afford to. 1st week Nov is quiet but then it starts cranking up fast until 3rd week when it is full and you would be chasing both any jobs or accommodation. Hence the Oct job fairs, which is not just for the mountain. Lots of people left this year even though they had a job, because they could not afford what accommodation was left.

To start with, Fairmont & Mountain will do "cheap" rooms out of season so you have somewhere. Then look at piquenewspapermagazine.com for on line accommodation listings. Note be careful about booking stuff on the internet as there are quite a few scams reported every year. Think where you are gong to be as some areas are a long way from the fun and work so loads of busses and taxis needed.

You will need plenty of money as you probably will not actually get paid much if anything until near xmas. Even though you get a job you don't actually start until they get enough people in resort to need you. Think Zero hrs contracts.

Don't forget to stop down in Vancouver and get your SIN as you can't work without it. Also you will need a Canadian bank account but there are loads of places in Whistler for that and they will need an address !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jake43 thanks for the advice. Seems like we have been on the right track so far. Thinking of heading over start to mid October and spending a few days in Vancouver first to get all the boring stuff sorted.
So long as we have a place to sleep in Whistler and we know we will have some work over the early season weeks we should be fairly happy! Any advice on where and when to look for jobs before we head out there?

Thanks again guys
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dugg139, As before piquenewspapermagazine.com or its sister paper "the question" jobs will be in both, not to mention updates on what is happening. More off the wall stuff is on craigslist depends what you want. Remember the place is pretty dead late sept through to late Nov from a tourist perspective as they are between seasons so places line up jobs but you don't start until they need you. This may not be until the Christmas rush so be warned you may have no money coming in until Jan as they pay 2 weekly one week in arrears, or they will have you on very few hours [which won't pay the rent].

Vancouver is easier to get a job and lodging at that time of year - you maybe better off down there with the odd foray up to whistler (greyhound) to get sorted for when they will pay you. Daughter used Samesun (i think) hostel which was very good and placed well 3 doors from SIN place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy