Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing late October/Early November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Looking for a bit of advice from those in the know.

I'm starting a new job on the 11th November and looks like I may manage at least a week off just before depending on my notice and am keen to get skiing.

I was thinking off getting out to Chamonix and just mooching about. I know the midi closes on the 3rd and thought I could get some touring done but it's pot luck on snow.

Would be happy eating cheese and drinking wine anyway!

So looking for other suggestions. I'm not really interested in glacier skiing and bombing around on piste as that would get boring quickly. So....any suggestions for something different to do skiing wise and happy to travel for it. Really bad timing as South America is finished and North America, most of Europe and Japan etc won't have kicked off. Up for touring and just something different.

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92399

Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on how our autumn pans out.
Could be some nice skiing up the Midi followed by skiing on the Mer de Glace or even le Tour.
Some years it would be scratching around for a turn or two up the Midi then some video/cheese/wine/beer while waiting for Cervinia to open.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow, Brecon Beacons def an option! I did however get racially abused last time I was in Wales. Quite funny as I'm actually half South African but was obviously the most ethnically diverse person ever spotted in Conwy.

Idris, I think that's what I'll end up doing. Will give you a shout for a beer when I'm there but have a feeling we've met before when I was out for a season a couple of years ago. Thanks for the advice. J
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy