Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer skiing in Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hubby and I are off to La Plagne for 2 weeks next weekend and fancy some summer sliding.
With Tignes now shut we were thinking about heading over to Les Deux Alpes instead.
I'm aware it's a long trip from la Plagne so we thought we might look at booking a night or 2 in a hotel there.

Having not summer skied before my first question is, is it worth it? My ski level is happy on la Plagne blues and reds with my husband being better than me but not looking for anything crazy steep.

Secondly, has anybody been recently and can let us know what the conditions are like? (Did a google search but the snow reports I found were from April).

Thirdly we have our own boots but would need to rent skis, any tips on where to go for that, if it is possible?

Fourthly, any hotel recs greatly received.

Finally, are any days better/quieter to go than others?

Thanks in advance, more than happy to report back on the skiing, etc when we get back!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It isn't steep, there will be a fair amount of space reserved for race training though.

For conditions, I think this was taken fairly recently:

http://youtube.com/v/xOL4rlzLCTM

There are other snow reports on Charlotte Swift's blog, she is an instructor in L2A.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roguemazza, For an up to date report on the conditions at LDA you could have a look at Easiski's blog Madeye-Smiley
By the way, Easiski (Charlotte) is an English ski instructor who is based in LDA, several Snowheads have had lessons with her and can testify what an excellent teacher she is, so if you were thinking of maybe having a private lesson I would recommend contacting her.

As regards accommodation, I have stayed at Les Lutins which is centrally located and near to the Jandri lift. It only does B &B but no problem as that allows you to try out the nearby restaurants for the evening meal. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roguemazza, Hotel de la Valentin is very nice. It's run by Alisa who is English and her French husband. Les Lutins is fine also but having stayed at both I'd probably favour Valentin. They do HB also but be warned I never managed all 4 courses in a week's stay there. For ski rental try Ski Extreme. Charlotte will sort you out for lessons, she's great.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i was there last Saturday. It was my first time skiing in summer and I thought the conditions were good. There was quite a bit of space up there, I didn't feel the small bit for racing mattered.

you could take a red run down to two different chairs, I forget their names.

For the most part it was rather flat and short (lots of laps) which was pretty much what I was expecting.

some race people I spoke to and the lifties were moaning about the surface because it had been a warm night, but for me I thought it was fine, I prefer it a bit softer to rock hard like they do.

I was there at 7am, and on snow by 8, by 11 we were bored and the snow was getting slushy and we came back. it was good not having skied since may, but didn't bother going back sunday. did vtt instead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Otherwise for conditions you can just check the webcam on the Glacier http://m.webcam-hd.com/2alpes/2alpes_glacier . In July this year it was apparently the best conditions in years our Peak Retreats clients have told us.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys for all the comments.

I think we are going to head down for a couple of nights and give it a go, will probably sort it out last minute once we know what thw weather is like.

Had not even given any thought to a lesson, so will bear that in mind.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roguemazza, have a look at easiski.com. Very highly recommended instructor at all levels.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy