Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm Blast or Storm Anti-cyclone

Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,
Looking to buy my first pair of freeride/powder skis and have narrowed things down to these 2 for lots of reasons but especially build quality/price . Main difference I can see is Blast is a twin-tip whereas Anti/c is not. Are there any other differences or reasons why people would go for one over the other. Really interested in opinions of people who have skied/demod both but all info greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Briand Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
briand6868, Can I ask if price is an issue??
Both skis are under £145 delivered if you care to visit the UK's favourite auction site.
These are the ones to have........................

£129.99.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimastaaah, Hi, Yes, price very definitely an issue,and there's buttons between the various Storms on e/b*y, but I still want to get the right ones, I have read a lot up on storms and fancy them anyway, the ebay deals just clinched it but I need to make up my mind on which pair to get. I don't think I'd be able to handle the Stormforce Ti even though they did catch my eye, I'm only getting into the soft stuff after years on piste/racing so want to get something to suit, The only difference, to my very innocent and inexperienced eye, is the blast are a twin tip and the anti/c aren't.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
briand6868, Storm's website is still up and running ............ http://www.stormskis.com/shop/all-mountain/anti-cyclone.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
briand6868, these skis got an absolute slating on TGR. Have a read before you get the card out.

I have no experience of them, and no axe to grind at all, but price is not everything.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Morning skimastaaah, Checked out the site and am convinced that the Blast of the Anti-cyclones are both suitable and both are identical apart from the graphics and the blast being a twin tip, is a twin tip much of an advantage or disadvantage in the powder. Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's an advantage; anyone trying to get too close behind you gets covered in your rooster tails. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, Thanks for the heads up, I read all the comments on TGR and yes they got a slating but only one of the "slaters" were complaining about the ski. The majority were belittling the fact that a company from G.B. had started up, a kind of a "who do they think they are" type moan. That aside I take all reviews into account and the Storms get mostly good reviews on S.H. , I can get literally bundles of skis for under 250e , which is about what I'm prepared to spend on my "experiment", if I don't take to it then I'll give them to my sons, if I do want to take things further then I can have a look at what else is out there. They appeal to me 'cos their the right shape,length,width and price. Thanks again.
Briand
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
briand6868, I didn't see the "who do they think they are" ones, but I did see the one(s?) that said the skis were fundementally bad powder skis, being a piste/race ski that was simply widened and bent a bit. I.E a design problem from the start.

If you want a real powder Storm why not go the whole hog and get the Twisted Sistas?
Reverse/Reverse full-on Powder ski, no design compromise there...and also £149.

(I'm not man enough myself....!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I periodically demoed a few Storm skis at Hemel. IIRC the piste based skis were the most fun but the wider skis were good enough in a traditional sense i.e. a bit like Head freeride skis of old, traditional and capable without being laugh out loud "fun". There was one I really didn't like but that was down to a centre mount rather than the ski itself. I can see depending on the reviewer it might translate to design deficiencies relative to the latest generation of US market funshapes or even progressive Euro designs like Movement, Faction etc. Doesn't make them bad skis, the Mantra has been popular for years based on being a wider version of a GS ski design.

Sounds like the OP is wanting an all mountain ski rather than a powder ski based on his shortlist. They are different, a purely soft conditions ski. Looking at the eBay seller the skis he is targetting are rather short for serious contenders unless the OP is a real lightweight.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, Nice one !

rungsp, Yes - i've now read every single thing on tgr relating to Storms, certainly does get one thinking and looking again. Twisted Sistas..............I am very definitely still in the powder bitch class rather than powder hound , so not man enough either Sad

fatbob, I'm not after surf boards but something that will deffo "float" and makes things easier while still working on conditions that are less than perfect, so looking around the 100mm underfoot, a buddy of mine has a set for the powder that are positively obscene but then again maybe he has issues Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
briand6868, Check out Ebay, there's 3/4 ex-demo Storm skis just been listed including a pair of Anti Cyclones, Tempest, Richochette, and Superforce. Tempting start prices!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, Just saw them, trouble is that lots of reading has me looking at K2 Kung Fujas also for not much more cash - all the bells and whistles too ,rocker etc, just deciding if, in the grand scheme of things the extra 80e or so for the Kungs with binding are worth it over the Storms Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
briand6868 wrote:
just deciding if, in the grand scheme of things the extra 80e or so for the Kungs with binding are worth it over the Storms Puzzled

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flaine skier, Thats a fairly big indication of your feelings for Uncle Peps toys !!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I've watched quite a few vid reviews of them in action and I have to say lots of respected reviewers like them a lot.
snow report
briand6868, Kung Fus really aren't that special (unless they're on Pep's feet). No idea if they're better than the Storms though.
snow conditions
briand6868, I like them, but I don't own them.

I have Movement Source as my main ski (which I think this season is called Movement Chill Out)

Maybe the Storms are good too... but If you can get the Kuja's for £209.99 that's a pretty good deal...
ski holidays
Decision made, Anti-cyclones + Storm (Tyrolia) buttons pressed ! A good deal I reckon at a little over 200e incl delivery. Very Happy Thanks for all the advice folks, I'll post up what I think when I get to use them a few times.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy