Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is London expensive?

Poster: A snowHead
That's the last time I try to go skiing in South London.

9 pounds 70p for a small bottle of London Pride and a medium glass of very moyenne wine.

It's the bitter taste that the wine leaves in my mouth that leaves me not as cold as Chamonix in January, not mixing metaphors.

See You Later, Balham! I'm off for some proper French value.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It s being charged 50p just to use the filthy toilettes at the Gare de Waterloo - there aren't even any attendants chasing you for a tip. It's not as if I haven't bought my day return to Wandsworth Town.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to that ski slope in Olympia the other month and a bottle of Carlsberg was Five pounds, I staying in France for beers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lift tickets? 25 quid for a single lift ride in SE1 and they don't even let you out on the (admittedly pretty steep) slopes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

9 pounds 70p for a small bottle of London Pride and a medium glass of very moyenne wine

OK you could get a litre of decent wine for that in 1850, but a half litre of crap beer would probably cost more.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Lunch for two, about £8 including drinks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mishmash, i almost like the spotless Mclean toilets in Bern and Zürich stations. I'll pay a franc to pee in such nice surroundings.

I love the traffic light system in the sitting zone..., clean, smelly or in use. Marvellous Swiss efficiency.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, You obviously got charged more because you're a Scot, locals price is cheaper Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't trust a round that's less than £10!

Incidentally in my local a white wine (large) and a peroni is £12
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what gets my goat is the way they pretend not to understand anybody who doesn't speak English. One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! But not for much longer, if they don't mend their ways.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got on a train at Waterloo last friday night and my companion said "hey let's buy a few beers for the journey". Was very hot so that was a sound idea and off to Whistlestop we went. Budweiser £2.89 it said and there were four cans all bound together in the refrigerator pleading with me to buy them. £2.89 is cheap I thought... 'til I got to the till and that was EACH. Strewth.

Yes, London is expensive but the run down from the top of the Shard is very steep and challenging.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bursts into song..............

*Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I like London town.............* Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, given that English is the first language for very few of them, I think they do Ok. Our lunchtime waiter (in quite a nice West End steakhouse) was amusing with his Manuel like welcome, "Youwanfud? Maby dring?" No, we're just sitting here to get in your way.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Your mistake is being conned into going Londoning in London, England by those beer-swilling marmite-eating money grabbing Englanders, as if it's the only place to London rolling eyes . I can 100% vouch for the fact that the Londoning in London, Kentucky is just as good and half the price (although some say it reeks of fried chicken and the locals deliberately mispronounce the word "derby" to rip-off the tourists).

Some bloke on the interweb (so it must be true) says he went Londoning in London, Ohio and it was just as good and cheaper than in england, as long as you eat your jellied-eels from the dumpster round the back of the supermarket, substitute screenwash for gin and smuggle in your soft cheeses in your underpants. Only problem was people spontaneously bursting into song. Oh no wait, maybe that was Oklahoma... Puzzled (anyone know any banal cliches about Ohio? wink )

Meanwhile much as the englanders would like you to believe otherwise, the London in London, Ontario is steeper, deeper, less-crowded and cheaper, despite it being only three feet above sea level. The rhyming-slang is endorsed by Dick Van Dyke and the knat's wee wee by Molsen, but you do have to put up with people constantly saying "eh?" to you throughout your whole holiday.

So there you have it, continue to be gouged in england if you wish, me, I know a good deal when I see one Cool !
latest report
shep, Laughing
snow conditions
shep, you cracked me up.
latest report
"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson
snow report
Alastair Pink, Samuel Johnson only said that because he couldn't get any methamphetamine in Derby.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy