Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arrivederci Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks ESF, I won’t be going to France next year for my annual skiing adventure as there will not be any Ski Hosting available.

My question for all you knowledgeable Snowheads is ...

What is the nearest equivalent resort to Courchevel in Italy, and Austria ?

Specifically, we are looking for:

- Good uplift capacity – quick queues

- Good grooming

- Good intermediate slopes (blues/reds)

- Good snow cover

The high prices in Courchevel tend not to affect us as we usually drink in the chalet.

Any recommendations for large chalets with Ski Hosting are also welcome.

....I’m expecting a consensus of opinion on your answers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I highly rate Selva or somewhere else on the Sella Ronda.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
THanks Nicky, I'll have a look at it. I thought everyone would have an opinion but it's just you. LOL
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Btw I believe you have a fees suggestions on the the Piste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Collets http://www.colletts.co.uk/winter/three-alpine-villages/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
micky, As others have said, Ischgl and Lech will tick most of your boxes, although Ischgl does tend to suffer longer uplift queues first thing in the morning (IME). Even better than Lech is Oberlech, which sits on a plateau above Lech. Most accommodation is on the slopes. Not sure about ski hosting in either resort, as it's something I've not done in absolute years. Have stayed here twice http://www.montanaoberlech.at/en/image-gallery-hotel-4-star-montana-lech-am-arlberg.html Run by Patrick Ortlieb's family so maybe you could ask him for some ski guiding wink The have a chalet part of the hotel which we stayed in when we took the kids with us - there is an open plan living area which allows you to drink your own beer, play cards etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
micky wrote:
Thanks ESF, I won’t be going to France next year for my annual skiing adventure as there will not be any Ski Hosting available.

You shouldn't give up on France because of the Ski Hosting thing. Very small companies are still offering hosting, the big companies aren't allowed to employ someone to show you round the mountain etc, but as small companies don't employ ski hosts you can normally get the chalet host to volunteer to take you out (just bung them a tip at the end or buy them lunch) this is what we did on our holiday, no rules broken, no one stopping us on the pistes etc...

although i'm sure a few people will be along in a sec to tell me how wrong I am... just don't give up on france
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you miss the ski hosting, try St Anton! Mark Warner still do it at the Rosanna.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HoneyBunny wrote:
If you miss the ski hosting, try St Anton! Mark Warner still do it at the Rosanna.
But only two days a week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy