Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2013 / 2014

Poster: A snowHead
The Roche de Mio webcam has been switched on, plenty of snown up there - http://laplagne.livecam360.net/rochedemio?t=2013-11-14+11-10-00
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowHead OHHHHHHH nice
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chucking it down as low as Montchavin and Montalbert this morning. Anyone truly believe this will stick now for the season this low, might be a tad early?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, forecast for the next couple of weeks doesn't look like it will get absurdly warm (usual caveats apply), so I'm guessing that what falls now, especially at higher levels, is already forming a good base for early season skiing. I was in Tignes last week and there's plenty of snow at altitude, more than I've seen at this time of year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Yes, I saw your photos from Tignes, I love the Les Melezzes snow depth barometer. The web cams are extraordinary at the moment. We did the early season to Tignes twice and the snow seemed to be on a timer there for end of November so they could open up the area. Everything seems a couple of weeks ahead at the moment which is great.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Everything seems a couple of weeks ahead at the moment which is great.
Happy days! I'm back out on 1 December so feeling pretty happy about things Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Start new job Monday so head down till 11th Jan when we get over for the 1st time. Enjoy, not jealous.... Mad Mad Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The webcams at Bergerie and Bellecote look great this morning; in that you can hardly see a thing due to the falling snow. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, rob@rar, No snow in Les Arcs yet? Toofy Grin wink

thefatcontroller,Good and bad luck with the job. Sometimes good things are bad, things eh! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, Plenty of piste markers and fencing have been installed around Belle Plagne and towards Bellecote so they must be pretty confident it will not melt higher up. The snowboard park has been marked out with fencing around it as well.
Forecast for next week is for relatively low temperatures and more snow so hopefully it will improve the base higher up.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skichampcouk, The airbag was instaklled this morning at 07:00 in montalbert, I guess their little lorry wouldn't make it up there now, as it's still snowing hard!
thefatcontroller, Unless they get 3 days of rain and sun that snow is there for me on December 21st snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's the crane for in Bellecote ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing, there's always snow in Les Arcs. Not too much, not too little, just the right amount.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ukredsox, Re Roofing some of the blocks of flats
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergerie webcam has gone off. Hopefully its buried under a snowdrift
latest report
Drove up yesterday for a meeting so thought I'd take a few pics - looking pretty good all over LP now!

http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/blog/
ski holidays
Snow and Sunshine, Looking good Very Happy

Another 50 cm forecast over the next five days as well so should look even better next week.
ski holidays
Something has been going on with the bubbles up on the Roche de Mio Puzzled I noticed around mid morning two bubbles came out to play, then later this afternoon went back in.

I also noticed a chap with a small snow plough around 4pm digging his way into the La Roche de Mio Restaurant.

You can tell I have nothing else to do all day long other than look at the place and think, that will be me soon...

snowHead

31 days and counting till I click into my bindings, then fall over in the lift que and take everyone else with me like domino's. Laughing Laughing
latest report
Paul_Bottomley wrote:
Something has been going on with the bubbles up on the Roche de Mio Puzzled I noticed around mid morning two bubbles came out to play, then later this afternoon went back in.

We need the Grande Rochette webcam to be fixed. Pre-season last year someone trekked up the piste and was standing around in front of the cam

EDIT - Bergerie cam is working again
snow report
skichampcouk, I know - literally cannot wait!

It's so nice that it's early this year cos usually it all arrives while we're doing staff training and we can't enjoy it. Been sledging already!!
snow conditions
Snow again today
snow conditions
The Bellecote video webcam looks great at the moment. Can hardly see a thing its snowing so much
latest report
Yarp! its snowing again, some vandal keeps writing out SKI 4 FUN in the snow on one camera Little Angel
snow conditions
mmmmmm........
snow report
Piste Basher sighting on the Bergerie webcam at 16:00 today

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/bergerie?t=2013-11-21+16-00-00&r=357&z=109&tl=0
latest report
ukredsox, Looks like it has moved onto the Roche de Mio one today, currently bashing the blue piste down towards Chamapgny.

A few new items on the Champagny webcams this year. If you look at the webcam in Champagny le haut - http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-champagny/champagny-le-haut
and zoom around to the left there is a 'bubble' labelled Champagny - village - 1250. If you click on that it gives you a close up of most of the bottom section of the mont de la guerre piste. It is not a high definition view but good enough to see if there is any snow on it.
If you zoom around to the far right and click on the 'Parc national de vanoise' bubble it gives you a close up view of the Grande Motte glacier in Tignes, or at least the cloud covering it.

A similar feature is also available on the Champagny village webcam http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-champagny/webcam-champagny-village ,bubbles on there give you the option of a 'close up' of the very bottom of the Mont de la Guerre and le bois pistes.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 22-11-13 12:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
skichampcouk, you need to take the comma out of that last link
snow report
red 27, sorted
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skichampcouk, wow - that's a pretty picture today Very Happy
ski holidays
Pefection !!

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/bergerie?t=2013-11-22+13-20-00&r=279&z=109&tl=0
latest report
ukredsox wrote:
Pefection !!

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/bergerie?t=2013-11-22+13-20-00&r=279&z=109&tl=0

Just missing me and SWIMBO to make it perfect .... 28 days and counting snowHead
latest report
Up to my old tricks, today I spotted a piste basher high up on the Bellecote, cutting what looks like a zig zag track up to the top of the chair lift that serves the top blues... (Glacier ?) You do need to squint a bit, maybe forward an image and or back an image to see it move.

Does this confirm the news that the top runs maybe open this year and groomed?

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/rochedemio?t=2013-11-14+11-10-00

I dont have a piste map other than the ones i see on interweb, does anyone have this seasons map yet, as all the ones i see have different routes Puzzled
latest report
Paul_Bottomley wrote:
Does this confirm the news that the top runs maybe open this year and groomed?

Paul, not sure just what you mean by "the top runs".
This seasons piste map is available on the La Plagne site: http://www.la-plagne.com/images/pdf/planpistesparadiski2014.pdf
Usually the two reds off the glacier are groomed: Combe and Col.
The black Chiaupe is a challenging steep mogul run.
This season they have returned Bellecote and Rochu to the piste map: I presume they will remain wild and ungroomed.
snow conditions
Jonpim, I think they are going to groom them this year.
Quote:
Steep, high altitude black runs “Rochu” and “Bellecôte” are being reworked.
http://presse-laplagne.com/communique.php?lang=en&saison=0&id=138&PHPSESSID=77fde5aa9a3144b178eafe8e261f9ffc

If un groomed previously they have been shown as 'piste nature' on the map
snow report
Cheers guys, hadn't thought to look on the official site rolling eyes

I can see the routes up on the glacier now, all looks perfect and yes it appears they have a brasher up there doing what it does best, bashing.... snowHead
latest report
boredsurfin, seems a contradiction in terms: a groomed black run.
None of the other black runs are groomed.
If they were groomed it would really ruin the experience.
I wonder if it is a problem with translation.
Assuming the original French word was retravaillé
Then the meaning could be rework, revise, alter
snow report
They won't be groomed.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Why not?
ski holidays
I'm sure that some of the Black runs have been "groomed" in the past** and that those that weren't were marked as such on the piste map (eg the short Colosses black run into Bellecote).

Wasn't there a discussion about this a couple of years ago ?

(** not that you'll catch me on them, groomed or un-groomed Laughing )
ski holidays
It's the one failing with the Paradiski area - not enough steep pisted runs.

The ones above Les Coches are often the best bet
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy